Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,775 Members 40,976 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tethering

Tip us?

ReyStunner
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default Tethering

Had anyone figured out a way to tether data on stock without using Verizon's mobile hotspot.

I miss this feature coming from the Rezound. Then again I was on a custom Rom and not stock. I hope there's a way to do it on stock because I wanna enjoy it for a while before I decide to do any flashing.

I'm rooted and S-off btw

JWhetstone02
Old
Thanks Meter 802
Since the WiFi Tether app doesn't work well with KitKat, users have modded the native mobile hotspot.

This was posted on here earlier, but I cannot find the thread. Here is the native hotspot that has been modded.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m9mzgsqe7k...ualtTether.zip

Flash in recovery, open the app, set up your settings and enable. No nag from Verizon, and everything works great. It took a little to get used to at first, and it works flawlessly for me

-HTC One m8-

HTC One m8

ROM: custom
Kernel: stock
Radio: 0.89.20.0321

HTC Touch Diamond > HTC HD7 > HTC Imagio > HTC DInc > HTC DInc2 > HTC Thunderbolt > HTC ReZound > HTC Droid DNA > HTC One (m7) > HTC One (m8)

| HTC Elevate | DropBox |
The Following User Says Thank You to JWhetstone02 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ReyStunner
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Thanks alot. Seems to be working fantastic.
The Following User Says Thank You to ReyStunner For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]