Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,029 Members 42,241 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Questions about Gear Fit

Tip us?

mb523
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default Questions about Gear Fit

I have the Gear Fit for a few days now. I like it a lot (especially how it looks) but there's just a few things.... One is I cannot get the weather to work. I keep getting "network error" on my Note 3. I also can't figure out how you get facebook notifications or Gmail? Everything else seems to be working well. Does anyone else have the same problems? I hope there will be a software update to fix and add some features.
www.trademarkauthority.com
TRADEMARK PROTECTION FOR APP DEVELOPERS

apallohadas
Old
Thanks Meter 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb523 View Post
I have the Gear Fit for a few days now. I like it a lot (especially how it looks) but there's just a few things.... One is I cannot get the weather to work. I keep getting "network error" on my Note 3. I also can't figure out how you get facebook notifications or Gmail? Everything else seems to be working well. Does anyone else have the same problems? I hope there will be a software update to fix and add some features.
1) Make sure that you have Gear Fit Manager installed on your phone and not Gear Manager.

2) More info on your phone. Is it rooted, not rooted, Latest KitKat update? Custom rom? Etc.

3) In Gear Fit Manager, you can select which notifications you want running to the Fit.

mb523
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
1. It's definitely Gear Fit Manager.
2. My phone is rooted and I was wondering if that may be the problem. No Custom Rom. I did not update to Kitkat, not sure if that would help or make it worse.
3. I see the notification options but it's not listing any of my apps.

Thanks so much for your help.
www.trademarkauthority.com
TRADEMARK PROTECTION FOR APP DEVELOPERS

apallohadas
Old
Thanks Meter 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb523 View Post
1. It's definitely Gear Fit Manager.
2. My phone is rooted and I was wondering if that may be the problem. No Custom Rom. I did not update to Kitkat, not sure if that would help or make it worse.
3. I see the notification options but it's not listing any of my apps.

Thanks so much for your help.
Your problem may lie in that you did not update to kitkat. Go ahead and update and then try again.

Good luck sir!