Z1Compact battery life thread

Search This thread

rut1na

Dec 29, 2011
London
There seems to be something wrong with my phone, the battery life is not even close to what you guys are achieving.

Example from today, no heavy use (had to charge now since not going to be home to charge in the evening but this should give you an idea). ~10 minutes of Clash of Clans (game), ~20 minutes of facebook, ~20 minutes of facebook chat. No surfing, no music, no videos, no picture-taking. Bluetooth, NFC, WiFi all disabled. Brightness is on auto-adjust.

On JB the battery sucked because of the fast dormancy bug. On KK it seems to suck for some other reason.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-15-16-06-42.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-15-16-06-42.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 474
  • Screenshot_2014-04-15-16-06-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-15-16-06-52.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 446

vlawrence0324

Sep 15, 2013
There seems to be something wrong with my phone, the battery life is not even close to what you guys are achieving.

Example from today, no heavy use (had to charge now since not going to be home to charge in the evening but this should give you an idea). ~10 minutes of Clash of Clans (game), ~20 minutes of facebook, ~20 minutes of facebook chat. No surfing, no music, no videos, no picture-taking. Bluetooth, NFC, WiFi all disabled. Brightness is on auto-adjust.

On JB the battery sucked because of the fast dormancy bug. On KK it seems to suck for some other reason.

Try rebooting the device every now and then. If you notice that the battery is still the same go ahead and repair complete stock then manually add apps one by one to see what's causing the fast drain. On my phone I usually get 5-6 SOT on moderate use. I can perfectly get through the day without worrying my battery despite having crappy network signal on my location.

babena2y.jpg
qudeme3e.jpg
qe5azada.jpg

kata2008

Sep 22, 2008
Bluetooth drain

Hello,

After 4.4.2 upgrade I have a permanent drain from bluetooth, even if is no connected. I see a permanent wake up in Battery usage.
I did a factory reset, reinstall the firmware - same problem.

Something similar to you?

ykkhern

Jan 1, 2010
Hello,

After 4.4.2 upgrade I have a permanent drain from bluetooth, even if is no connected. I see a permanent wake up in Battery usage.
I did a factory reset, reinstall the firmware - same problem.

Something similar to you?

Same problem occur to mine.....my wife's z1c do not have such issue, both having the same configurationand apps installed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-17-18-42-03.resized.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-17-18-42-03.resized.png
    104.5 KB · Views: 311
  • Screenshot_2014-04-17-18-42-11.resized.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-17-18-42-11.resized.png
    94.7 KB · Views: 298

deltomi

Mar 31, 2009
Prague
Six days runtime is impressive. What's your screen-on time for that? And what optimizations are we talking?

I don't know. I have about 10 calls, 20 SMS, 20min. gaming and 15min. on wifi internet / per day.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

I don't know. I have about 10 calls, 20 SMS, 20min. gaming and 15min. on wifi internet / per day.

I have location only from wifi and gsm networks, STAMINA, WIFI on location, CPU sleeper, BatteryGuru from Qualcom and with LBE Security Guard kill autostarted apps (Facebook, all games etc.) and that's all. (Sorry for my english)

Reactions: tracyn

tracyn

Jan 8, 2011
Christchurch
Okay, thanks! I'm using Greenify and Stamina Mode and I'm not getting anywhere near such a great battery life. My maximum screen-on time was around 4 hours, at a battery level of 5-7%.

I'll try out BatteryGuru and CPU Sleeper, especially the latter should reduce battery drain on standby signficantly, right?

Teleman07

Apr 20, 2014
have a feeling it is reduced after rooting and installing romaur. but still it is withing reasonable limits. can still go through a day after heavy usage.

infinitylook

May 26, 2013
Battery on Kitkat

What do you think about my battery guys? I have done moderate usage with screen set at lowest brightness most of the time. I also connected to wifi 90% of time. Hill climb racing game for maybe an hour. I really think that Kitkat has worse battery than 4.3. Before i can easily hit 8 hours screen time at moderate usage in 4.3 even without stamina mode. Now, i need stamina mode. Guess will downgrade to 4.3.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-05-14-48-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-05-14-48-46.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 382
  • Screenshot_2014-05-05-14-48-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-05-14-48-58.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 338
  • Screenshot_2014-05-05-14-49-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-05-14-49-06.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 356

arsenalfan001

Apr 29, 2011
ASUS ROG Phone 3
I am not really impressed with the battery backup.
With ~1 hr call, connected to HSDPA all the time (15-20 mins whatsapp, 45-60 mins of sports related app browsing, ), 1-1.5 hrs SOT 3 hrs WIFI, no gaming, no location access and I am getting around 36 hours on absolute stock.
Nothing great. With root and greenify working, my Nexus 4 used to last the same for me on stock.

infinitylook

May 26, 2013
battery

6h,20min screen on time is totally normal for this phone and battery i would not downgrade...

Really? Well i must say standby time on kitkat is really great though. It could still last whole day though. Do you think Z2 will have better battery and screen time than this? What do you think guys?

deltomi

Mar 31, 2009
Prague
Battery

What do you think about my battery guys? I have done moderate usage with screen set at lowest brightness most of the time. I also connected to wifi 90% of time. Hill climb racing game for maybe an hour. I really think that Kitkat has worse battery than 4.3. Before i can easily hit 8 hours screen time at moderate usage in 4.3 even without stamina mode. Now, i need stamina mode. Guess will downgrade to 4.3.

Hello, if you have root, control startup your phone (a lot of games and programs are starting after boot and killing your battery).

infinitylook

May 26, 2013
i have root

I don't have much games (only 3 with graphics like hill climb racing). Set cpu governor to conservative with scaling set to minimum to maximum. I installed greenify to freeze startup apps like camera 360 but i didn't freeze facebook and viber because that would delay messages. I just installed cpu spy and found out no problem with deep sleeping and cpu usually at 900mhz or 1.1ghz when use. I just installed battery stats and it still needs more time to gather stats

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

Have a question. Why is it that GSMarena's quote times if far different. Like example, they said video playback which will use the screen and cpu would last 10hrs which is very far from the 6 hours i got. And their usage time is far different from mine. By the way the screenshot above is really light usage

coolkoushik07

Oct 26, 2009
Kolkata
I don't have much games (only 3 with graphics like hill climb racing). Set cpu governor to conservative with scaling set to minimum to maximum. I installed greenify to freeze startup apps like camera 360 but i didn't freeze facebook and viber because that would delay messages. I just installed cpu spy and found out no problem with deep sleeping and cpu usually at 900mhz or 1.1ghz when use. I just installed battery stats and it still needs more time to gather stats

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

Have a question. Why is it that GSMarena's quote times if far different. Like example, they said video playback which will use the screen and cpu would last 10hrs which is very far from the 6 hours i got. And their usage time is far different from mine. By the way the screenshot above is really light usage

If i dont play any games and only do facebook and browsing then i can get 6 hours screen time too.. But if i play games then i will get 4 to 5 hours of screen times.. Though I am not getting as much battery backup as other users are getting but still I am happy cause it is far better than my previous s4

Sent from my Xperia Z1 Compact (D5503)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just want to share battery life for my Xperia Z1 Compact with the community.

Usage history:

Received the phone yesterday, and restore my apps and charged the phone to 100%. Taken the phone off the charger before went to bed with stamina mode on.

Throughout the day, browsed news, watched and listened podcasts while downloaded some large size games on WIFI.

As you can see, about 15hr and 45mins with 5% left is very good result. Consider the phone was actively used for 10hrs and with screen on time of 6hrs 30 mins.

This is a phone can easily last one full day of heavy use without problems. It is hard to imagine another similar size phone with same house power can last from 8am to 12am with 10 hrs of active use and 6 1/2 hrs screen on time.

Hopefully it will get better after few more charge circles.
    See this
    uploadfromtaptalk1408023957764.jpguploadfromtaptalk1408023978564.jpguploadfromtaptalk1408023992245.jpg
    Yes I know it's amazing

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
    Could you post your settings in Vanir Rom and Kernel? (Governor, max CPU Clock, Undervolt, Display Brightness, 2G-3G-Wifi)
    Thanks!
    The screenshots are with

- Vanir v7
    - Pimped kernell light / interactive & row with stock CPU clock (2150/300)
    - No Uv
    -Battery saver mode activated to change
    from LTE / 3g to 2g when swich off screen
    *edit: battery saver mode is not used :eek:
    - Greenify
    - Sync only with home profile
    - Brightness sometime high sometime low
    Vanir ROM & pimped kernel
    How on earth that happened?

CM11 without gapps

Sent from my Xperia Z1 Compact using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

Hooooohaaaa?what???
    How possible?!!!
    Amazing

I prefer web to apps.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 Compact using Tapatalk