Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,305 Members 41,615 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Converted to GPE

Tip us?
 
jackhiggins
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Dec 2012
Default Converted to GPE

I have recently changed my MID and CID of my HTC One to enable me to flash a GPE RUU. Everything is currently going fine, however I am unable to unlock the stock Google bootloader, meaning I am unable to root and flash a custom recovery. I have tried fastboot oem unlock, and have also tried flashing an unlock token from HTCDev, all with unsuccessful results. Could anyone suggest what to do next as I would like to flash some mods to add to the HTC to make it better.

Thank you.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
cschmitt
Old
(Last edited by cschmitt; 17th April 2014 at 01:47 AM.)
#2  
cschmitt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1717
Posts: 1,431
Join Date: Feb 2012
Known issue, basically you're stuck.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2719281


http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2547365

Are you s-off? Then you can unlock by other means.
<this>
The Following User Says Thank You to cschmitt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jackhiggins
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Dec 2012
I have just come across this thread... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2358781

Would I not be able to reflash the pre-rooted GPE RUU in that thread or would it need to be rooted in the first place?

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
cschmitt
Old
#4  
cschmitt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1717
Posts: 1,431
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhiggins View Post
I have just come across this thread... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2358781

Would I not be able to reflash the pre-rooted GPE RUU in that thread or would it need to be rooted in the first place?
Do you have root in your current rom? If so grab Flashify from play store and use it to flash twrp recovery img.
<this>
 
jackhiggins
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Dec 2012
I have no root privileges at all. I have tried downloading SuperSU and Superuser from the Play Store and neither have been able to install binaries. I have s-off, so what other methods could I use?

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
cschmitt
Old
#6  
cschmitt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1717
Posts: 1,431
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhiggins View Post
I have no root privileges at all. I have tried downloading SuperSU and Superuser from the Play Store and neither have been able to install binaries. I have s-off, so what other methods could I use?
Ah, then we'll play a little trick. Since you're s-off you can flash unsigned firmware, so here's a firmware.zip that contains only TWRP recovery.

firmware_twrp.zip

Download the file (hit Ctrl-S to download the zip after clicking the link) and flash it via fastboot:
Code:
Select Code
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip firmware_twrp.zip
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader
After reboot select Bootloader, then select Recovery and you'll boot into TWRP. From there you can flash SuperSU.zip to gain root or mods, etc.

<this>
The Following User Says Thank You to cschmitt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jackhiggins
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cschmitt View Post
Ah, then we'll play a little trick. Since you're s-off you can flash unsigned firmware, so here's a firmware.zip that contains only TWRP recovery.

firmware_twrp.zip

Download the file (hit Ctrl-S to download the zip after clicking the link) and flash it via fastboot:
Code:
Select Code
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip firmware_twrp.zip
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader
After reboot select Bootloader, then select Recovery and you'll boot into TWRP. From there you can flash SuperSU.zip to gain root or mods, etc.

This worked perfectly thank you very much!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Mod Lets You Have Stereo Speakers on Your Sony Xperia Z1 (Sort Of)

The stereo speakers onthe Sony Xperia Z2areprobably a relatively large … more

Give Your Screen Some Color with HexaTime Live Wallpaper

We don’t often cover very many live wallpapers here on the XDA Portal. You may … more

Android Wear App Review: Command Google Now with Commandr – XDA Developer TV

OK Google. Make Me a sandwich. How many times have you … more

Play Your Hits and Learn the Lyrics with NextGen Music Player

There are plenty of music players for Android available in Play Store. They … more