Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,727,987 Members 46,137 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Converted to GPE

Tip us?

jackhiggins
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Converted to GPE

I have recently changed my MID and CID of my HTC One to enable me to flash a GPE RUU. Everything is currently going fine, however I am unable to unlock the stock Google bootloader, meaning I am unable to root and flash a custom recovery. I have tried fastboot oem unlock, and have also tried flashing an unlock token from HTCDev, all with unsuccessful results. Could anyone suggest what to do next as I would like to flash some mods to add to the HTC to make it better.

Thank you.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cschmitt
Old
(Last edited by cschmitt; 17th April 2014 at 01:47 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1685
Known issue, basically you're stuck.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2719281

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2547365

Are you s-off? Then you can unlock by other means.
<this>
The Following User Says Thank You to cschmitt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jackhiggins
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have just come across this thread... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2358781

Would I not be able to reflash the pre-rooted GPE RUU in that thread or would it need to be rooted in the first place?

cschmitt
Old
Thanks Meter 1685
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhiggins View Post
I have just come across this thread... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2358781

Would I not be able to reflash the pre-rooted GPE RUU in that thread or would it need to be rooted in the first place?
Do you have root in your current rom? If so grab Flashify from play store and use it to flash twrp recovery img.
<this>

jackhiggins
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have no root privileges at all. I have tried downloading SuperSU and Superuser from the Play Store and neither have been able to install binaries. I have s-off, so what other methods could I use?

cschmitt
Old
Thanks Meter 1685
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhiggins View Post
I have no root privileges at all. I have tried downloading SuperSU and Superuser from the Play Store and neither have been able to install binaries. I have s-off, so what other methods could I use?
Ah, then we'll play a little trick. Since you're s-off you can flash unsigned firmware, so here's a firmware.zip that contains only TWRP recovery.

firmware_twrp.zip

Download the file (hit Ctrl-S to download the zip after clicking the link) and flash it via fastboot:
Code:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip firmware_twrp.zip
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader
After reboot select Bootloader, then select Recovery and you'll boot into TWRP. From there you can flash SuperSU.zip to gain root or mods, etc.

<this>
The Following User Says Thank You to cschmitt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jackhiggins
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cschmitt View Post
Ah, then we'll play a little trick. Since you're s-off you can flash unsigned firmware, so here's a firmware.zip that contains only TWRP recovery.

firmware_twrp.zip

Download the file (hit Ctrl-S to download the zip after clicking the link) and flash it via fastboot:
Code:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip firmware_twrp.zip
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader
After reboot select Bootloader, then select Recovery and you'll boot into TWRP. From there you can flash SuperSU.zip to gain root or mods, etc.

This worked perfectly thank you very much!