Search This thread

Kishan14

Nov 23, 2013
mumbai
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Code:
including vendor/cm/vendorsetup.sh
build/core/config.mk:160: no file name for `include'
build/core/combo/select.mk:60: build/core/combo/TARGET_linux-.mk: No such file or directory
build/core/dumpvar.mk:22: Extraneous text after `else' directive
make: *** No rule to make target `build/core/combo/TARGET_linux-.mk'.  Stop.
Device i9082 not found. Attempting to retrieve device repository from CyanogenMod Github (http://github.com/CyanogenMod).

:confused::confused::(

Can u chk wats size of the folder named '.repo'
I guess major part is missing...

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

k2wl

Apr 19, 2008
Code:
build/core/combo/select.mk:60: build/core/combo/TARGET_linux-.mk: No such file or directory
Device i9082 not found. Attempting to retrieve device repository from CyanogenMod Github (http://github.com/CyanogenMod).

:confused::confused::(
You are messed up buddy... try to delete evreything except .repo folder and change the local manifest xml.
that will work out.

##W4TCH0UT##

Oct 7, 2013
\\___TheMiddleOfNowhere___//
Ok. Just now switched to bbqlinux. Getting this error, while syncing sources:
PHP:
Fatal: error parsing manifest /home/bbqlinux/mokee/.repo/local_manifest.XML: not well formed (invalid token): line 1, column 1

@k2wl Please help me.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk Pro.

Last edited:

##W4TCH0UT##

Oct 7, 2013
@rutvikrvr, here is the full content:
PHP:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
<project path="device/samsung/i9082" name="pawitp/android_device_samsung_i9082" 
remote="github" revision="cm-11.0' />
<project path="vendor/samsung/i9082" name="k2wl/omni_android_vendor_samsung_i9082" 
remote="github" revision="master" />
<project path="kernel/samsung/i9082" name="pawitp/android_kernel_samsung_i9082" 
remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
</manifest>

##W4TCH0UT##

Oct 7, 2013
I'm building mokee....there are a lot of missing commits ... Ul get errors

But at least solve my error. Now getting this error:

Code:
Fatal : error parsing manifest /home/bbqlinux/Desktop/mokee/.repo/local_manifest.XML: junk after document element:line 3, column 1

Manthan Gohil

Jun 9, 2013
Vadodara
Xiaomi Poco F1
OnePlus 7
You are messed up buddy... try to delete evreything except .repo folder and change the local manifest xml.
that will work out.
Done Repo Sync again....same again....
Code:
manthan@manthan-Ubuntu:~/cm11$ . build/envsetup.sh && time brunch i9082 -j2
including device/generic/armv7-a-neon/vendorsetup.sh
including device/generic/goldfish/vendorsetup.sh
including device/generic/mips/vendorsetup.sh
including device/generic/x86/vendorsetup.sh
including sdk/bash_completion/adb.bash
including vendor/cm/bash_completion/git.bash
including vendor/cm/bash_completion/repo.bash
Repository for i9082 not found in the CyanogenMod Github repository list. If this is in error, you may need to manually add it to your local_manifests/roomservice.xml.

** Don't have a product spec for: 'cm_i9082'
** Do you have the right repo manifest?

No such item in brunch menu. Try 'breakfast'

real	2m17.444s
user	0m1.392s
sys	0m0.212s
i hav to download source again??????

RVR

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 29, 2012
Mumbai
rutvikrajagopal.in
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
No but, I think there is something wrong with bbqlinux. It shows this error while doing repo init:
PHP:
Fatal: unable to detect auto email address

@k2wl Please help me.

u need to configure git first ...and im telling u again ,,, there are many missing commits ... the build wont complete

Kishan14

Nov 23, 2013
mumbai
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
How?? Do I have to install required git packages through terminal. In the guide k2wl said that bbqlinux has the build environment already setup.

Also. I am not building mokee.

I would suggest just try whatever is explained... I mean compile cm11 only... (as example showed.) u ll gt central idea and u ll gt to knw dat is it due to BBQ linux or source or anything els....

Reactions: ##W4TCH0UT##

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here are the steps to build your own kernel from source. This guide is showing you how to build your first the stock kernel on your own..... It is kick start for making things on your own way....

This guide applies to i9082/i9082L and general devices also.:eek::laugh:

This guide assumes you have basic knowledge of linux and linux system configuration.

Prerequisites
    Quote:
    HTML:
    1. Ubuntu 13.10 / BBQLINUX (I personally use this)
    2. patience...lots and lots of patience.
    Here starts the fun:-

1. Installing ubuntu 13.10.

Quote:

This can be done in 3 ways and I am not gonna cover it all.
    - along with windows ,i.e dual boot
    - in virtualbox within windows
    - as a windows application installation with "wubi" installer

For starting user i think second option, i.e installing in virtualbox is best.
    here's starting tutorials
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDDRFiwHujg

NOTE - you should have atleast 100 Gb partion for virtualbox.

2. Setting up building environment.

PHP:
    THIS ALL BELOW STEPS ARE NOT NEEDED IF YOU HAVE INSTALLED BBQLINUX, BUILDING ENVIRONMENT IS SET IN BBQLINUX BY DEFAULT. IT WORKS OUT-OF-THE-BOX.
    Initializing a fresh Android Build Environment in Ubuntu 13.10 sucks, right? The instructions at the AOSP page are outdated and inaccurate. Near as I can tell, they try to have you install 2 JDKs, the first one not even being the correct link for Saucy Salamander, and the second being OpenJDK. Which might work. But I dunno about all that, I’d rather have Oracle’s official stamp when it comes to building for Android.
    Currently most of the guides are up to 12.04 LTS, which is fine and dandy, but being on the cutting edge is nice too.
    This guide applies to all variations of Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander 64 bit. Do not use the 32 Bit version. Also, PAY CLOSE ATTENTION when to use “sudo” and when to not. It can make things funky if you do something as root that you shouldn’t.
    Much thanks goes out to Google, ProTekk, Canonical, and everyone else that I read a random paragraph here and snippet there.

First, let’s set up the correct JDK.

Many of you probably have some kind of wrong Java installed unless you’re starting with a fresh Ubuntu base, and even then maybe.

Let’s get rid of that. Copy and paste this into a Terminal window:

Code:
    PHP:
    sudo apt-get purge openjdk-\* icedtea-\* icedtea6-\*
    Follow the instructions to remove OpenJDK.

If you must keep it, it’s possible. But I’m not going to tell you how to do it here. I don’t want any chance of confusion or mistake.

Now copy and paste the following into the Terminal:

Code:
    PHP:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/java
    This will add the correct PPA to your system for updated builds of Java 6 JDK that are compatible with 13.10.

No more unrecognized Java version errors! And it will update automatically with the rest of your system.

Next, we actually need to install the package. More copy-paste:

Code:
    PHP:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install oracle-java6-installer
    Follow the on-screen instructions. You have to Accept the Licensing Agreement to complete the install. Hopefully no human centipede clauses.

Let’s make sure the correct version of Java is activated, run the following Terminal command:

Code:
    PHP:
     java -version
    You should see something like the following:

Code:
    PHP:
     java version “1.6.0_45″ Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_45-b06) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.12-b01, mixed mode)
    Ok, back to a fresh Terminal prompt. Time for installing the guts to build stuff in Ubuntu:

Code:
    PHP:
    sudo apt-get install git-core gnupg ccache lzop flex bison gperf build-essential zip curl zlib1g-dev zlib1g-dev:i386 libc6-dev lib32ncurses5 lib32z1 lib32bz2-1.0 lib32ncurses5-dev x11proto-core-dev libx11-dev:i386 libreadline6-dev:i386 lib32z-dev libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 libgl1-mesa-dev g++-multilib mingw32 tofrodos python-markdown libxml2-utils xsltproc readline-common libreadline6-dev libreadline6 lib32readline-gplv2-dev libncurses5-dev lib32readline5 lib32readline6 libreadline-dev libreadline6-dev:i386 libreadline6:i386 bzip2 libbz2-dev libbz2-1.0 libghc-bzlib-dev lib32bz2-dev libsdl1.2-dev libesd0-dev squashfs-tools pngcrush schedtool libwxgtk2.8-dev python
    When that is done installing, run the following command in your Terminal window:

Code:
    PHP:
    sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGL.so
    That’s it on the package side of things.

You guessed it, time for more Terminal. This really is the easiest way, seriously. And it’s totally worth it when you’re basking in the glory of a bunch of people on XDA.

The binary for a program called “repo” will let you talk to git servers and download all that precious source code. That second part after the && allows it to be executable:

Code:
    PHP:
    mkdir ~/bin && curl http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/git-repo-downloads/repo > ~/bin/repo && chmod a+x ~/bin/repo
    Use your favorite text editor to open ~/.bashrc

I like nano:

Code:
    PHP:
    sudo nano ~/.bashrc
    At the very bottom, add the following line:

Code:
    PHP:
     export PATH=~/bin:$PATH
    Save it. In nano that would be Ctrl-O and then Enter. Then Ctrl-X to exit back to a prompt. Restart bash:

Code:
    PHP:
     source ~/.bashrc
    That should be everything. Now you’re ready to build Android the right way. Luck!

3. Downloading source

Open terminal
    To initialize your local repository using the CyanogenMod trees, use a command like this:
    HTML:
    mkdir cm11
    cd cm11
    repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-11.0
    Create local_manifest.xml in .repo folder.

PHP:
    cd .repo
    nano local_manifest.xml

Paste following into the terminal

PHP:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <manifest>
      <project path="device/samsung/i9082" name="pawitp/android_device_samsung_i9082" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
      <project path="vendor/samsung/i9082" name="k2wl/android_vendor_samsung_i9082" remote="github" revision="master" />
      <project path="kernel/samsung/i9082" name="pawitp/android_kernel_samsung_i9082" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
    </manifest>

Save it. In nano that would be Ctrl-O and then Enter. Then Ctrl-X to exit back to a prompt. Restart bash.

Then to sync up:

HTML:
    repo sync -j#
    # is number of jobs you want to give for your downloading source. I use 2.

Download gonna be huge. Approx 12-15 GB.
    So its gonna take while depending upon your internet connection.
    You may get errors while downloading, like

HTML:
    Sync exited due to fetch errors
    Just restart download by

HTML:
    repo sync
    4. Starting Building process

PHP:
    . build/envsetup.sh && time brunch i9082 -j#
    Again # is meant for No. of CPU cores you have.

Building gonna take time, depending upon your computer configuration.
    Any errors, post here.
    I will try my best to solve problems .
    Start building your own CM11...

Any suggestion welcome.
    reserved for future use.
    Just last in case
    this can be used to build other roms too right .... by just changing the github repo to the rom u wanna build

yes its gonna be useful to build other AOSP based roms. like PA,AOKP,OMNI,AICP etc... just need few modifications according to respective roms.

One more question, how to apply patches?:D

copy the patch file to respective directory and apply patch with following command.

HTML:
    patch -p1 < patch.diff
    eg. if you want to apply bluetooth patch and ur patch name is fixbluetooth.diff
    then

HTML:
    cd hardware/broadcom/libbt/
    git checkout .
    patch -p1 < fixbluetooth.diff
    if any problems plz tell me..

But, k2wl.
    This method builds an Odin flashable file.
    How to make flashable zips, which can be flashed through custom recoveries.????:confused: :confused:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It builds flashable zips only ......with CWM or any other....:D