5,605,311 Members 38,861 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ROM] [NIGHTLY] [KitKat] [4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 nightlies [3.0 kernel]

Tip us?

TPSABA
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Switching CyanogenMod users

I have been installing Milaq's KK nightlies and want to start by saying, thank you Milaq for the excellent work. Very impressed with the performance of my TP and loving it. All I needed is working for me except the following:
When I add a second CyanogenMod user and switch to the second user, all works fine from setup to running apps. The only problem is when switching back to the main user, the screen becomes unresponsive and remains in the lock mode. All hardware buttons work fine, only the screen is unresponsive no matter what. A hard reboot is the only way out. After the reboot, the main user is OK as well as the second user until switching back to the main user. Then same unresponsive screen.
Is it just me or multiple users is not yet ready? I am currently on build 20140204.
The Following User Says Thank You to TPSABA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

heavyt
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default nightly built 20140206

I can't find this nightly, was it posted?

heavyt
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyt View Post
I can't find this nightly, was it posted?
Disregard, it seems it was posted later than normal.

Disregard, it semms it was posted later than normal. 😉

Disregard, seems it was posted later than normal. 😉q

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

Trebuchet seems unstable in nightly 0206. It crashes after a short period of time. Launcher and Smart Launcher runs very smoothly.

charleypick
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Reboots

After builds with Bluetooth, 2/05 I believe, my TP has become very unstable. It reboots wit use of just about any app, and always reboots when I attempt to charge it. I wiped everything with CWM and performed a clean install with the last few builds as well. No improvement. Is anybody else seeing this behavior?

The Touchpad works perfectly in older CM11 builds and works fine in WebOS.

Thanks,

C

charleypick
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleypick View Post
After builds with Bluetooth, 2/05 I believe, my TP has become very unstable. It reboots wit use of just about any app, and always reboots when I attempt to charge it. I wiped everything with CWM and performed a clean install with the last few builds as well. No improvement. Is anybody else seeing this behavior?

The Touchpad works perfectly in older CM11 builds and works fine in WebOS.

Thanks,

C
I resolved this by turning off Hotword detection in the Google Now Launcher. Apparently there are microphone issues in the more recent builds.

Thanks,

C

Kalessian
Old
(Last edited by Kalessian; 12th February 2014 at 08:20 PM.) Reason: clarification
Thanks Meter 0
I updated from the 2.6-based CM11 to the 3.0-based CM11 recently (dirty flash) and it seems to have changed my DPI or something.

Before I used to have a row or two more for icons on the "desktop". Now icons are a lot bigger and I'm missing all the icons I placed on the bottom rows and had to rearrange widgets.

Also, when I launch chrome, when it first opens it's briefly too large for the screen (ie it's using the old dpi and the borders of the app go off screen and are un-seeable). Then it immediately changes and fills the screen properly. Not sure if this is related but it's also a bit annoying.

Anyone else have this happen?

arpieb
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Post Trying clean install for Milaq's CM11 - boot loop

I'm trying to execute a clean install of Milaq's CM11 nightlies on my 32G TP, and keep winding up with a boot loop before any kind of progress indicator shows up. Here were my steps:
  1. Run ACMEUninstaller2 to remove any traces or prior Android installation
  2. Run WebOS Doctor 3.0.5 to reset the WebOS enviro
  3. Installed PreWare Tailor
  4. Resized partitions to the following:
    • media = 1024M
    • system = 768M
    • cache = 256M
    • data = ~25.5G
  5. Created /cminstall on USB media, copied the following to it:
    • recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.7-tenderloin.zip
    • moboot_038-tenderloin.zip
    • gapps-kk-20140105.zip
    • cm-11-20140415-UNOFFICIAL-tenderloin.zip
  6. Reboot to recovery, run ACMEInstaller5M
  7. Installer runs, appears to pick up everything (gapps, moboot, CWM, ROM install)
  8. Automagically reboots, and reboots, and reboots...
All I'm seeing is a black screen for about 10-15 seconds, then the TP reboots back into moboot trying to load CM again.

Did I miss something in the clean install step that isn't obvious to me?

Thanks!