XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] CyanogenMod 11.0 - VILLUMINATI - March 23, 2014

Tip us?

Kjricker
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGoober View Post
Hope you enjoy the vanilla experience on that touch wiz rom . If all you want is a gyroscope to play games its definitely the right move . I much prefer this rom and the other custom roms to the stock experience . For every one thing missing it probably has 10 other features stock doesn't have to make up for it . Cheers ..
I need it for taking photo spheres as well, which I use in my work.

I really liked the Kit Kat ROMS, but without a gyroscope and properly working voicemail, I was forced to go back. You are definitely right about the features. I was torn about going back to the stock ROM. I love experimenting, so there is a good chance I will try again at some point.

mcflyy_
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Does ART work on this ROM ?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

Mavrikmeercat
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Hi all

First, I'd like to say thank you to dastin and all of those who contributed in the development of this cm11 build. Your hard work is greatly appreciated!!

I've been running this rom as a daily driver for about a week now so i figured I'd give my experiances and do a bug report.
Prior to flashing this, i was running GB27 w/AGAT kernel/recovery with modded APNs cause I'm with boost mobile.
I used the later parts from the instructions someone posted on page 77 in this thread.

tdunhams formatallX2.zip
Flashed latest cm10.2 nightly from dastin
Let boot
Reboot recovery
tdunhams formatallX2.zip
Flashed FL27modem.zip from rlwilco12's repo
Flashed latest cm11_villuminati.zip from OP
Flashed micro_gapps.zip
Let boot and created APN for boost mms.
Rebooted
Fresh installed all my apps from play store

ROM seems very smooth and quick.
All the CM options seem to work flawless.
Battery life seems to be good. I got about 4-5 hours of screen time with no additional mods. I get about 6 hours with donate version of greenify with all experimential features, most system/apps, and all data/apps greenified.
I didnt enable ART runtime because I use exposed and TiBackup. So still using dalvik JIT.
Bluetooth works well. Tested with bt headset and transfered a few files to and from my SGTab2
Wifi connects quickly
Mobile Data connects quickly and is pretty fast for 3g only. The hand-off between wifi & data usually happens quickly. Hotspot works smooth too.
Storage(internal & external) is solid and reports correctly from settings
GPS locks quickly

Bug Reports
1 Sometimes I loose data, but only when im in a place where signal is low like indoors. Once signal is lost, it will say that its connected and signal bars still are active but it never actually reconnects. Usually a toggle of airplane mode gets data back. Connecting to wifi network doesnt seem to fix. Wifi will connect but still no connection until I toggle airplane mode.

2. Wifi loses connection sometimes too. If I'm at home, I'm usually connected to wifi. If I use my phone a while and then put it down for 20 min or so, when i unlock it and open an app, i get no connection. But wifi shows that its connected in status bar, settings, and toggles. thats also with full signal the whole time. I think it may be related to the lockscreen or sleep because I noticed it a few times when I was setting up my widgets on the lockscreen. Going back and forth between locked and unlocked to see if they were how i wanted them, wifi connection was lost but appeared to be connected

3. GPS is not accurate. Even on high accuracy settings, its usually about 100 ft. off. Either in Gmaps or scout. I've opened Angry GPS and cleared the gps data and have set my region. Also, the direction im facing is usually off by 90*.

4. Gyroscope is slightly off. I've tested with a few gyroscope test apps and all of them seem to say its off by about 10* when holding vertical and about 15* on the horizontle plain. The flat plain is a bit off as well.

5. Cant get any voice mail notifications. Not sure if I missed something in setting up apns or if its because im on boost but voicemail notifs just never happen. They did work fine on GB27 with my apns set up for boost. Its my understanding that its the phone.apk that controls this so thats why i feel it should be in the bug report.

dirtyhewr
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrikmeercat View Post

5. Cant get any voice mail notifications. Not sure if I missed something in setting up apns or if its because im on boost but voicemail notifs just never happen. They did work fine on GB27 with my apns set up for boost. Its my understanding that its the phone.apk that controls this so thats why i feel it should be in the bug report.

I'm on boost also.. Use this voicemail apk... Works for me and delivers notifications...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51715211

Running Commotio ROM
ART Enabled
OC/UV ~ 1.4/-25mv
Pegasusq/sio
The Following User Says Thank You to dirtyhewr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

XeoNoX
Old
(Last edited by XeoNoX; Yesterday at 06:22 PM.)
Thanks Meter 207
After doing major research and experimenting here is the fastest way to install this rom:

Power off phone and boot into "Download Mode" (Hold power button & Vol down)
Flash One-Click EL26_Stock_CWM5.exe
Should Boot into recovery
Flash in recovery choose install from zip and select blasphemykernel-6.6-4.3.zip
Power off phone and boot back into "Download Mode"
Flash One Click FL24_Modem.exe
reboot into recovery
Flash VILLUMINATI rom choose install from zip VILLUMINATI-03232014-d710.zip
reboot boot into rom and boot into android. Once fully booted then reboot back into recovery
Flash choose install from zip flash GAPPS MICRO pa_gapps-modular-micro-4.4.2-20140417-signed.zip and reboot/restart phone.

!PROFIT! EnJoY!

NOTE: actual file names are in BOLD and can be found using the link below or by using google search
http://www.rwilco12.com/downloads.ph...28SPH-D710%29/

NOTE2: they key to this process is having the correct kernel and latest recovery along with the proper modem, without the right ones it will not work. if you follow step by step above it will work fine.
Currently using: Samsung Galaxy S4
Retired Android Phones:
Samsung Galaxy S3 (TMO) | Samsung Galaxy S2 (ATT) | Galaxy S1 ATT (Captivate)

Linux guy
Old
Thanks Meter 94

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeoNoX View Post
After doing major research and experimenting here is the fastest way to install this rom:

Power off phone and boot into "Download Mode" ...
Thanks amigo. It's oddly difficult to go from stock to kit Kat. There's also a thread about this. Completely different BTW. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2637510

Not to take from what you have written. I'm sure youll help someone with that.

sent from tumblr
Ask me stuff
I wont know as much as others but I will always reply

Mavrikmeercat
Old
(Last edited by Mavrikmeercat; Yesterday at 07:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyhewr View Post
I'm on boost also.. Use this voicemail apk... Works for me and delivers notifications...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51715211

Running Commotio ROM
ART Enabled
OC/UV ~ 1.4/-25mv
Pegasusq/sio
Thanks for the app. I hadn't even gotten to the vanir thread yet. Been busy trying to read all 132 pages of this thread. Lol
App works good!