Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,198 Members 40,020 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Xperia keyboard on GPe Rom?

Tip us?

mailme45
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Xperia keyboard on GPe Rom?

I'm on the GPe rom for togari. I got used to the Xperia keyboard with the stock roms, and I'm wondering if there is a way to get it on this rom. Failing that, is there a way to increase the haptic strength of the Google keyboard? I've tried a few Xperia keyboard ports for the Z1, but I'm not sure if it's just model incompatibility or the loss of the Sony framework that causes the force close. Any insight would be appreciated, I'm new to Sony devices.

LordManhattan
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 5648
Not sure if it's this straight forward, but have you tried to copy the keyboard files to system/app and what not? And yes, you can adjust the stock keyboards vibration intensity. Just go to settings and it should be under Advanced Settings or something.

Sent fra min C6833 via Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to LordManhattan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mailme45
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks again. I found the setting to adjust the haptic feedback, and that will work for me if I can't get the Xperia keyboard to work. As far as that though, I haven't tried copying the files. Do you know which files I would need to copy? I tried finding out what files are pertinent to the keyboard, but never really figured out which files do what. I just want the International keyboard. If there is a thread that identifies these files, I would love to find it.

LordManhattan
Old
Thanks Meter 5648
" textinput-tng.apk" in system/app is the keyboard, but I'm not sure if there are some other needed files.

Sent fra min C6833 via Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to LordManhattan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LordManhattan
Old
Thanks Meter 5648
Well well well, Sony just released its keyboard on the Play Store Read more here.

mailme45
Old
(Last edited by mailme45; 17th April 2014 at 07:10 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sure is nice timing for me. Good looking out, I appreciate the link! Thanks! I love vanilla Android, but really fell in love with some Sony features.

Edit: So not sure if its the Rom or my phone, but Google Play won't let me see this. I tried the Xposed module to fool the Play Store, but no success. Can anyone post the apk? Or is that something I just have to dig up on my own? I can see it on my pc on the Play Store, but all of my devices are not compatible (Z Ultra, Note 2, Nexus 7). Maybe it's a not available in the US yet?

LordManhattan
Old
Thanks Meter 5648
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailme45 View Post
Sure is nice timing for me. Good looking out, I appreciate the link! Thanks! I love vanilla Android, but really fell in love with some Sony features.

Edit: So not sure if its the Rom or my phone, but Google Play won't let me see this. I tried the Xposed module to fool the Play Store, but no success. Can anyone post the apk? Or is that something I just have to dig up on my own? I can see it on my pc on the Play Store, but all of my devices are not compatible (Z Ultra, Note 2, Nexus 7). Maybe it's a not available in the US yet?
Hmm, it says it's compatible with Sony devices on 4.4.2, but they've clearly forgotten their red headed step child, the GPe. I guess you'll have to dig up the APK.