Tracker Discounts Helps You Find Good Deals on Steam

If you’re a PC gamer, you’re undoubtedly well familiar with Steam. This … more

Sony Extends AOSP Project to the Xperia Z3

While most OEMs simply don’t care about the custom ROM community, others are doing an … more

How Open Source Can Help Your Project w/ Ethan Yonker – BABBQ2014

People have finally recovered from this years Big Android BBQ … more

Add Frequency Bands to Your Qualcomm Device

Those of you who travel quite a bit undoubtedly own more than one device due to frequency band … more

[Q] Xperia keyboard on GPe Rom?

OP mailme45

15th April 2014, 10:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 26

16 posts
More
I'm on the GPe rom for togari. I got used to the Xperia keyboard with the stock roms, and I'm wondering if there is a way to get it on this rom. Failing that, is there a way to increase the haptic strength of the Google keyboard? I've tried a few Xperia keyboard ports for the Z1, but I'm not sure if it's just model incompatibility or the loss of the Sony framework that causes the force close. Any insight would be appreciated, I'm new to Sony devices.
16th April 2014, 01:24 AM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kepler-34b
Thanks Meter: 5,662

15,002 posts
More
Not sure if it's this straight forward, but have you tried to copy the keyboard files to system/app and what not? And yes, you can adjust the stock keyboards vibration intensity. Just go to settings and it should be under Advanced Settings or something.

Sent fra min C6833 via Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to LordManhattan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2014, 02:07 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Milwaukee

16 posts
More
Thanks again. I found the setting to adjust the haptic feedback, and that will work for me if I can't get the Xperia keyboard to work. As far as that though, I haven't tried copying the files. Do you know which files I would need to copy? I tried finding out what files are pertinent to the keyboard, but never really figured out which files do what. I just want the International keyboard. If there is a thread that identifies these files, I would love to find it.
16th April 2014, 12:24 PM   |  #4  
Flag Kepler-34b

15,002 posts
More
" textinput-tng.apk" in system/app is the keyboard, but I'm not sure if there are some other needed files.

Sent fra min C6833 via Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to LordManhattan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #5  
Flag Kepler-34b

15,002 posts
More
Well well well, Sony just released its keyboard on the Play Store Read more here.
17th April 2014, 06:30 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Milwaukee

16 posts
More
Thumbs up
Sure is nice timing for me. Good looking out, I appreciate the link! Thanks! I love vanilla Android, but really fell in love with some Sony features.

Edit: So not sure if its the Rom or my phone, but Google Play won't let me see this. I tried the Xposed module to fool the Play Store, but no success. Can anyone post the apk? Or is that something I just have to dig up on my own? I can see it on my pc on the Play Store, but all of my devices are not compatible (Z Ultra, Note 2, Nexus 7). Maybe it's a not available in the US yet?
Last edited by mailme45; 17th April 2014 at 07:10 PM.
17th April 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #7  
Flag Kepler-34b

15,002 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailme45

Sure is nice timing for me. Good looking out, I appreciate the link! Thanks! I love vanilla Android, but really fell in love with some Sony features.

Edit: So not sure if its the Rom or my phone, but Google Play won't let me see this. I tried the Xposed module to fool the Play Store, but no success. Can anyone post the apk? Or is that something I just have to dig up on my own? I can see it on my pc on the Play Store, but all of my devices are not compatible (Z Ultra, Note 2, Nexus 7). Maybe it's a not available in the US yet?

Hmm, it says it's compatible with Sony devices on 4.4.2, but they've clearly forgotten their red headed step child, the GPe. I guess you'll have to dig up the APK.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread