FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Can I install CM on non-KNOX bootloader?

88 posts
Thanks Meter: 10
 
By pvdwaal, Member on 17th April 2014, 04:31 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Currently I'm on a Pre-rooted stock ROM and would really like to update as stock OTA is not working.

Info:
Model : GT-I9505
Android : 4.2.2
Baseband : I9505XXUBMGA
Kernel : 3.4.0-1081224
Build number : JDQ39.I9505XXUBMGA


So, I don't have the newer bootloader with KNOX yet.
Further, I already installed CWM 6.0.4.4 recovery

My questions:
Can I simply install CM10.2.1 or CM 11.2 through CWM?
Or do I have to update the bootloader first or does it include in CM?

Is there a catch in updating my phone concerning KNOX and chance of bricking?
I'm I stuck on CM or can I always revert to my backup of rooted stock 4.2.2?

Thanx in advance for any help.
I searched, but couldn't find correct answers...
 
 
17th April 2014, 04:46 PM |#2  
Alttwo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 74
 
More
Yes you can just install cm but if you try to install newer touchwiz roms then you need to change your modem. And wrong section....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Alttwo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2014, 06:29 PM |#3  
11calcal's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 228
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvdwaal

Currently I'm on a Pre-rooted stock ROM and would really like to update as stock OTA is not working.

Post this on HERE & you will get help you need there?
This is for ROM Dev only & you'll only get shouted at LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to 11calcal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2014, 07:38 PM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alttwo

Yes you can just install cm but if you try to install newer touchwiz roms then you need to change your modem. And wrong section....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

So KNOX is all about stock Samsung ROMs?
And I don't need an updated bootloader for all other ROMs like CM and OMEGA and can switch between them without issues?
17th April 2014, 07:57 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 506
 
More
yes.
17th April 2014, 07:59 PM |#6  
Alttwo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 74
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvdwaal

So KNOX is all about stock Samsung ROMs?
And I don't need an updated bootloader for all other ROMs like CM and OMEGA and can switch between them without issues?

Knox is basically a counter to counter rooters. You should be able to flash any ROM like normal but there may be some changed needed to be done for the modem. I'm sure there are multiple threads about the i9505 modems...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes