No registration required

How to change the internal lcd only

OP mygls

17th April 2014, 08:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello,
i need to replace my internal lcd screen because i have broken it recently. The problem is that i've only found tutorials where people replace the entire frontal part of the phone (lcd + touch screen digitizer) and i want to replace the lcd only because itīs cheaper than the lcd+tsd assembly.

Do you know how can i do this??

Thanks in advance.
17th April 2014, 08:44 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,495

2,538 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mygls

Hello,
i need to replace my internal lcd screen because i have broken it recently. The problem is that i've only found tutorials where people replace the entire frontal part of the phone (lcd + touch screen digitizer) and i want to replace the lcd only because itīs cheaper than the lcd+tsd assembly.

Do you know how can i do this??

Thanks in advance.

okay it is very difficult to replace just the lcd and in doing so you can risk damaging the lcd/digitizer take it from me I already tried, but if you want to know the process all you need is a heat gun(hair dryer works too) and after you take it apart and have the lcd/digitizer you just want to apply lots of and you something preferably plastic and thin and you want to separate the two pieces it can take a while and you need a lot of patience and calmness to do so, if you get frustrated easily or don't have a delicate touch I definitely do not recommend doing this
The Following User Says Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2014, 09:01 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu

okay it is very difficult to replace just the lcd and in doing so you can risk damaging the lcd/digitizer take it from me I already tried, but if you want to know the process all you need is a heat gun(hair dryer works too) and after you take it apart and have the lcd/digitizer you just want to apply lots of and you something preferably plastic and thin and you want to separate the two pieces it can take a while and you need a lot of patience and calmness to do so, if you get frustrated easily or don't have a delicate touch I definitely do not recommend doing this

Ok. Thank you very much. I think i'll change the entire frontal part then. It's not the cheapest solution but it's the easier one.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread