Recovering Contact photo

OP scotchmizzed

16th April 2014, 03:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I have a problem that i have looked and looked and can't find any answer for it so hoping some experts here might have the answer.

I need to recover a photo of my dog which although is set as profile photo the original on my sd card is deleted and i would like to recover it before i reset the phone back to factory.

My understanding of this is that the photo is stored in the database of android contacts which is why it doesn't show up in gallery or any other file finding or photo finding apps. I would love to extract it as the dog has passed away and it's one of my favourites of him.

Please can you tell me how to extract the photo or if i am wrong regarding the location can anyone help me find it and remove it?

Yours in Hope
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-16-15-16-12.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	2689765   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-16-15-12-57.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	209.7 KB
ID:	2689766  
16th April 2014, 03:56 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 884

774 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'll be in your Google account if you are synced... I'm not sure... Haven't tried.. Ever... But just go to g+ check your photos there... It might be there...!

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to zeetherocker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2014, 04:02 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Back when google was trying to push their naming convention of splitting 1 word into 2 i ended up with 2 google+ accounts but the photo is not on either. I ended up with scotchmizzed and Scotch Mizzed which i hate but they make it so difficult to combine,just not worth the hassle.

I just know it's on this device and would love to get it off.. Thanks anyway
17th April 2014, 10:20 AM   |  #4  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 104

312 posts
More
It should be in the Google contacts (if you are synced).

If you can't find it anywhere, you can always take a screenshot of the screen and then edit the image to get only the picture.
17th April 2014, 08:12 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
This is what I've had to do and with a bit of cropping it's not bad but was wanting to know if I could access the original in the hope it was maybe a better quality. Thanks very much for the reply anyway.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread