Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,457 Members 51,745 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ISETool.exe and all IsolatedStorage Explorer Tools suddently stopped working -> "Smar

Tip us?

detrexer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default ISETool.exe and all IsolatedStorage Explorer Tools suddently stopped working -> "Smar

am currently on the edge of madness with regards to the IsolatedStorage Explorer Tools. I've been using http://isostorespy.codeplex.com/ for month now without any problems but today it just suddently stopped working. After a bit of research i found that the command line version "ISETool.exe" also crashes without any explanation (see Screenshot)

I am using Windows 8.1 Pro x64. Does anyone know what the **** is going on with this and how i can fix it?

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2685
Did you upgrade your phone to WP8.1 or is it still on an 8.0 version? Have you tried reinstalling (or installing a newer copy of) the WP SDK?

Also, I can't translate the exception message, so I really don't know what the problem is aside from the self-explanatory nature of a "DeviceNotFoundException". Can you see the device with other tools (XapDeploy, WPPT, etc.) and for that matter does it show up in Explorer?
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

detrexer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie View Post
Did you upgrade your phone to WP8.1 or is it still on an 8.0 version? Have you tried reinstalling (or installing a newer copy of) the WP SDK?

Also, I can't translate the exception message, so I really don't know what the problem is aside from the self-explanatory nature of a "DeviceNotFoundException". Can you see the device with other tools (XapDeploy, WPPT, etc.) and for that matter does it show up in Explorer?
Hey,

thank you for your reply. I am running WP8.0 and haven't upgraded yet. Repairing my Visual Studio 12 SDK didn't help, i am currently trying to install the 2013 version.

> Can you see the device with other tools (XapDeploy, WPPT, etc.) and for that matter does it show up in Explorer?

Yes it shows in the explorer and i can use it to run/debug my applications, Only getting access to iso storage doesn't help

th0mas96
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I'm getting similar errors too. After a while I just started using Windows Phone Power Tools, it can do the same and it works for me..

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2685
Very odd. WPPT uses the same APIs as ISETool and (presumably, though I haven't checked) isostorespy. Hope it works for you, in the mean time I am not sure what the solution is.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.