Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

ISETool.exe and all IsolatedStorage Explorer Tools suddently stopped working -> "Smar

OP detrexer

16th April 2014, 04:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
am currently on the edge of madness with regards to the IsolatedStorage Explorer Tools. I've been using http://isostorespy.codeplex.com/ for month now without any problems but today it just suddently stopped working. After a bit of research i found that the command line version "ISETool.exe" also crashes without any explanation (see Screenshot)

I am using Windows 8.1 Pro x64. Does anyone know what the **** is going on with this and how i can fix it?
17th April 2014, 05:09 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,782

5,862 posts
More
Did you upgrade your phone to WP8.1 or is it still on an 8.0 version? Have you tried reinstalling (or installing a newer copy of) the WP SDK?

Also, I can't translate the exception message, so I really don't know what the problem is aside from the self-explanatory nature of a "DeviceNotFoundException". Can you see the device with other tools (XapDeploy, WPPT, etc.) and for that matter does it show up in Explorer?
17th April 2014, 09:29 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

Did you upgrade your phone to WP8.1 or is it still on an 8.0 version? Have you tried reinstalling (or installing a newer copy of) the WP SDK?

Also, I can't translate the exception message, so I really don't know what the problem is aside from the self-explanatory nature of a "DeviceNotFoundException". Can you see the device with other tools (XapDeploy, WPPT, etc.) and for that matter does it show up in Explorer?

Hey,

thank you for your reply. I am running WP8.0 and haven't upgraded yet. Repairing my Visual Studio 12 SDK didn't help, i am currently trying to install the 2013 version.

> Can you see the device with other tools (XapDeploy, WPPT, etc.) and for that matter does it show up in Explorer?

Yes it shows in the explorer and i can use it to run/debug my applications, Only getting access to iso storage doesn't help
17th April 2014, 02:14 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 13

88 posts
I'm getting similar errors too. After a while I just started using Windows Phone Power Tools, it can do the same and it works for me..
17th April 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,782

5,862 posts
More
Very odd. WPPT uses the same APIs as ISETool and (presumably, though I haven't checked) isostorespy. Hope it works for you, in the mean time I am not sure what the solution is.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread