So I had my phone repaired at Pacific Mall due to the screen being broken and requiring replacement, and ever since then, I've been having terrible battery and heat issues.
The phone was repaired on the 5th of April and I kid you not, I could leave it just sitting on my table fully idle with data on or off and my battery will drain itself within 3-4 hours. That's not the only issue, as when I plug the device in to let it charge, it will reach pretty high temps (50-60*C). This is with the phone just sitting there plugged in.
Other then having it plugged in, the phone idles at anywhere from 35-50*C. It's usually mid 40*C on idle. I really don't understand what's wrong with the phone as before I had the screen replaced, it would not act this way. The only time it would get this hot would be if I were using the device under extreme sunlight, or if I was heavily using it while it was plugged in.
I took it back to the shop that I had it repaired, and they took a look and they told me that it could be due to one of the IC's on the motherboard becoming loose causing it to overheat a lot. And they told me that this could have originated due to a potential drop of the device or while they were opening the device..
I just want to know if anyone really believes that and what advice you could provide me with.
I thought about changing the battery itself, however, if it is just going to continually overheat, I don't see the point in doing so as it would just drain itself very quickly all the time.
I don't even use my phone that much other than what it's sole purpose is: making phone calls and texting.
Thankfully, I'm able to charge it in my car, but it's becoming a real nuisance having to charge the device constantly due to extremely poor battery life.
Phone is running CM 11-20140407-NIGHTLY-ville 4.4.2 KitKat ROM.
Had the Carbon 4.3 JB ROM before hand (thought it was a ROM issue at first, that's why i flashed CM but didn't solve anything).