Worth getting this?

OP lvnatic

17th April 2014, 09:39 PM   |  #21  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 4,400

8,972 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho2097

thanks for the help dude. I installed NC3, there is a noticeable improvement over MK1. However I believe I lost some of the MK1 apps. WatchON is gone,replaced by something called Peel. Some other apps are gone too, I think. Are you able to redeem your Samsung hub 50$? I have the code but unable to redeem in India.I am arriving in US in 5th July.Is the 90 day usage limit valid on the from the date u get u get the code or from when u redeem it?

What you experienced happens a lot. Different regional ROMs support different Samsung features. For example, someone in another thread was raving about how great the new Guatemala SM-P601 ROM was so I tried it. What s/he left out was it was a carrier ROM for Claro, had all the stock icons changed to cartoon caricatures, and Samsung Hub and WatchOn were missing or borked for U.S. access. In addition it had about 7 game "demos" that only worked in portrait that wasted a ton of storage.

So unless you move back to a North American (or certain Latin American) ROM those features you're mentioning are gone. Also, once rooted, AllShare Play doesn't work along with a host of other DRM sensitive functions. Rooters rarely mention it because they obviously don't use those features or don't care. There's no such thing as a free lunch.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread