Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,799 Members 47,899 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

so close but still something wrong cm11

Tip us?

Largewoodenspoon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default so close but still something wrong cm11

Guys I really need some help here

I have managed to get the new cwm on the ouya and then installed the bootloader with different options to enable installation of cm11, but it keeps going right to failsafe mode.

Am sure its this part I've done wrong:

......"if you are not using a custom rom you will need to relocate your bootimage (read: kernel) to /system/boot.img manually"..........

Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to do this bit

Have asked a few times (so sorry moderators) and nobody here has helped me
I know I'm not the only one with this issue.....

Please guys........

mrdegriz
Old
Thanks Meter 2
The cm nightlies should put everything in the right place. Certainly I didnt have to move anything post install. Installed cwm, installed cm11, installed google apps..Ouya boot quite happily. Im wondering if you have actually installed cm11?
In Mourning for my Dell Streak RIP
Loving the Samsung Galaxy S 2

ngoal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I' m guessing you haven't installed cm11 yet. You're going to needto install it through the recovery menu. It will not install through the failsafe. Once installed you may also need to do a factory reset to get cm11 to boot properly. I'm running the April 11 nightly and it is awesome. Much better performance than my neo x7. Good luck, once you get it installed it works very well and is very stable.

typhoonscotland
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Largewoodenspoon View Post
Guys I really need some help here

I have managed to get the new cwm on the ouya and then installed the bootloader with different options to enable installation of cm11, but it keeps going right to failsafe mode.

Am sure its this part I've done wrong:

......"if you are not using a custom rom you will need to relocate your bootimage (read: kernel) to /system/boot.img manually"..........

Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to do this bit

Have asked a few times (so sorry moderators) and nobody here has helped me
I know I'm not the only one with this issue.....

Please guys........
If you have the newest CWM installed, if not then install the newest CWM, you can then sideload CM11 to your Ouya, as well as the latest GAPPS. I used sideload after I completely wiped the whole Ouya, then used CWM to sideload the Bootloader and then CM11 & GAPPS.

This might be a good way to go if you've already got knowledge of ADB, and can't get it working any other way.