so close but still something wrong cm11

7th April 2014, 10:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14

117 posts
Guys I really need some help here

I have managed to get the new cwm on the ouya and then installed the bootloader with different options to enable installation of cm11, but it keeps going right to failsafe mode.

Am sure its this part I've done wrong:

......"if you are not using a custom rom you will need to relocate your bootimage (read: kernel) to /system/boot.img manually"..........

Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to do this bit

Have asked a few times (so sorry moderators) and nobody here has helped me
I know I'm not the only one with this issue.....

Please guys........
12th April 2014, 06:21 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

69 posts
The cm nightlies should put everything in the right place. Certainly I didnt have to move anything post install. Installed cwm, installed cm11, installed google apps..Ouya boot quite happily. Im wondering if you have actually installed cm11?
13th April 2014, 08:17 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I' m guessing you haven't installed cm11 yet. You're going to needto install it through the recovery menu. It will not install through the failsafe. Once installed you may also need to do a factory reset to get cm11 to boot properly. I'm running the April 11 nightly and it is awesome. Much better performance than my neo x7. Good luck, once you get it installed it works very well and is very stable.
17th April 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 12

43 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Largewoodenspoon

Guys I really need some help here

I have managed to get the new cwm on the ouya and then installed the bootloader with different options to enable installation of cm11, but it keeps going right to failsafe mode.

Am sure its this part I've done wrong:

......"if you are not using a custom rom you will need to relocate your bootimage (read: kernel) to /system/boot.img manually"..........

Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to do this bit

Have asked a few times (so sorry moderators) and nobody here has helped me
I know I'm not the only one with this issue.....

Please guys........

If you have the newest CWM installed, if not then install the newest CWM, you can then sideload CM11 to your Ouya, as well as the latest GAPPS. I used sideload after I completely wiped the whole Ouya, then used CWM to sideload the Bootloader and then CM11 & GAPPS.

This might be a good way to go if you've already got knowledge of ADB, and can't get it working any other way.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread