Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,599 Members 36,083 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kernel crash, boot loop, nothing works!

Tip us?

bowshermatthew
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Kernel crash, boot loop, nothing works!

I've had my Optimus G rooted for a while now, and I had recently updated to Cyanogenmod 11 M3 and after a few weeks of good use, my phone crashed for no reason. There was a green screen that said Kernel Crash, demigod fail or something and some other stuff. Told me to press up to do this, down to do this, power to do this…. Anyways the phone wouldn't boot up after that. It was stuck on the LG logo. I could only get it into fast boot and download mode but from fast boot there was no way to get to recovery or regular boot. I found the TeenyBins post and tried to fix it using both of the .bins they had but at 85% the phone tried to boot up and was stuck on the LG logo again. Then I found the stock .bins and tried to flash them over, yet I got the same result. I've tried everything I can think to do, if anyone has any suggestions, please please help.

adfurgerson
Old
Thanks Meter 593
Teenybins don't have an OS. Did you try to get into recovery after flashing them? Doing a hard reset after stock bins may get it to boot, but internal storage will be wiped. For future reference in the demigod screen the buttons are backwards.

bowshermatthew
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
After flashing Teenybin I can boot into fast boot, but from there when I select recovery it goes back to the logo. Same thing happens if I select the other options. It's the google logo, not the LG logo, because the Teenybin I most recently tried was the alternate file

jimbo77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,141

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowshermatthew View Post
After flashing Teenybin I can boot into fast boot, but from there when I select recovery it goes back to the logo. Same thing happens if I select the other options. It's the google logo, not the LG logo, because the Teenybin I most recently tried was the alternate file
If you are already in fastboot, download any recovery (CWM or TWRP) extract it, rename it to recovery.img from the zip and then go to the folder where you have adb and fastboot bins and type:

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

from there you'll be able to access recovery.
If want to support my work just click HERE

Current Model: LG Optimus G - [ROM] PAC - 4.4.2 [KERNEL] Matrix Linaro Kernel!

Creator of:

bowshermatthew
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you for the help, I was going to try that last night after reading your post but I took it to the AT&T store and they said they would replace it for free (warranty). I appreciate the quick response time.