Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,225 Members 53,771 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] broken inhouse charging

Tip us?

ranjib
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default [Q] broken inhouse charging

Charging my SGS becomes impossible now after 4 years. Although ist shows the charging symbol, my device doesn't charge the battery. Can anybody explain the following screenshot? I run nightly cm11 from pawtip in the most recent nightly...

Gokulbalram
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjib View Post
Charging my SGS becomes impossible now after 4 years. Although ist shows the charging symbol, my device doesn't charge the battery. Can anybody explain the following screenshot? I run nightly cm11 from pawtip in the most recent nightly...

Most probably a hardware issue. You might want to get it to the nearest Samsung Service Center and get the USB Port (or whatever you call it) replaced

ranjib
Old
(Last edited by ranjib; 18th April 2014 at 09:55 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
I tried to fix the USB port. I teared down my mobile until I got the USB port in my hands and put the pcb under my microscope. I saw a corroded connection from the port to the motherboard. But I don't have a proper solder unit to repair that. So I tried with my big fat soldering iron....and killed one connection. I managed to repair that, so I have the same faulty mobile as before. My next try will be a wireless charging mod (with parts from a palm mobile).
But I bought a spare I9000 already for 50 Euros......
The Following User Says Thank You to ranjib For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
battery charging cm11