Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,471 Members 40,369 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Worth getting moto G ?

Tip us?

bublz654
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Default Worth getting moto G ?

I'm looking at PAYG phones and I saw the moto g and it looks nice, I want to get it but I don't like the idea of no SD card slot my carrier only has the 8gb model. would that be enough for installing Roms ect. ? but main question is, is it worth it to buy moto g ?

Sent from my U8860 using Tapatalk

Landrea
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by bublz654 View Post
I'm looking at PAYG phones and I saw the moto g and it looks nice, I want to get it but I don't like the idea of no SD card slot my carrier only has the 8gb model. would that be enough for installing Roms ect. ? but main question is, is it worth it to buy moto g ?

I own 8 GB version, of course you can install any rom you want.
And for me, definitely worth!
Buy it without worries, it's a great phone!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Landrea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bublz654
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrea View Post
I own 8 GB version, of course you can install any rom you want.
And for me, definitely worth!
Buy it without worries, it's a great phone!
i kinda guessed it would be a good phone because of all good reviews on website lol :P but most comments said that no SD card slot was a bad idea

Landrea
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
i kinda guessed it would be a good phone because of all good reviews on website lol :P but most comments said that no SD card slot was a bad idea

Memory is on "cons" list, but you can live without a SD Card (neither Nexus has it).
If you don't plan to install more than 1-2 heavy games (like asphalt), 8 GB is fine.
Remember that you'll have 50 GB free on google drive.
The Following User Says Thank You to Landrea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bublz654
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrea View Post
Memory is on "cons" list, but you can live without a SD Card (neither Nexus has it).
If you don't plan to install more than 1-2 heavy games (like asphalt), 8 GB is fine.
Remember that you'll have 50 GB free on google drive.
50 GB cloud not bad, I always thought nexus had SD card slot lol. there is one heavy app I would like to download but not sure if its too much (1.7 GB). just one thing on my I have now I have a game (4 pics 1 word, lol ) n I don't want to lose my progress when I do get the moto g. is it possible to save the data n put it into moto g or its not possible (I have to start all over again ?)

Landrea
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
50 GB cloud not bad, I always thought nexus had SD card slot lol. there is one heavy app I would like to download but not sure if its too much (1.7 GB). just one thing on my I have now I have a game (4 pics 1 word, lol ) n I don't want to lose my progress when I do get the moto g. is it possible to save the data n put it into moto g or its not possible (I have to start all over again ?)

It'd be ok If it is the only heavy app.
About the game, you should check for a backup setting, you'd better write to game developers or (before) google search it.

bublz654
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
I emailed dev of app n he said they dont have a save function