FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

Worth getting moto G ?

673 posts
Thanks Meter: 58
 
By bublz654, Senior Member on 16th April 2014, 10:33 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I'm looking at PAYG phones and I saw the moto g and it looks nice, I want to get it but I don't like the idea of no SD card slot my carrier only has the 8gb model. would that be enough for installing Roms ect. ? but main question is, is it worth it to buy moto g ?

Sent from my U8860 using Tapatalk
 
 
17th April 2014, 12:00 AM |#2  
Landrea's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Perugia, Italy
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bublz654

I'm looking at PAYG phones and I saw the moto g and it looks nice, I want to get it but I don't like the idea of no SD card slot my carrier only has the 8gb model. would that be enough for installing Roms ect. ? but main question is, is it worth it to buy moto g ?

Sent from my U8860 using Tapatalk

I own 8 GB version, of course you can install any rom you want.
And for me, definitely worth!
Buy it without worries, it's a great phone!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Landrea For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2014, 12:04 AM |#3  
bublz654's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrea

I own 8 GB version, of course you can install any rom you want.
And for me, definitely worth!
Buy it without worries, it's a great phone!

i kinda guessed it would be a good phone because of all good reviews on website lol :P but most comments said that no SD card slot was a bad idea

Sent from my U8860 using Tapatalk
17th April 2014, 12:12 AM |#4  
Landrea's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Perugia, Italy
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bublz654

i kinda guessed it would be a good phone because of all good reviews on website lol :P but most comments said that no SD card slot was a bad idea

Sent from my U8860 using Tapatalk

Memory is on "cons" list, but you can live without a SD Card (neither Nexus has it).
If you don't plan to install more than 1-2 heavy games (like asphalt), 8 GB is fine.
Remember that you'll have 50 GB free on google drive.
The Following User Says Thank You to Landrea For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2014, 12:19 AM |#5  
bublz654's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrea

Memory is on "cons" list, but you can live without a SD Card (neither Nexus has it).
If you don't plan to install more than 1-2 heavy games (like asphalt), 8 GB is fine.
Remember that you'll have 50 GB free on google drive.

50 GB cloud not bad, I always thought nexus had SD card slot lol. there is one heavy app I would like to download but not sure if its too much (1.7 GB). just one thing on my I have now I have a game (4 pics 1 word, lol ) n I don't want to lose my progress when I do get the moto g. is it possible to save the data n put it into moto g or its not possible (I have to start all over again ?)

Sent from my U8860 using Tapatalk
17th April 2014, 12:24 AM |#6  
Landrea's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Perugia, Italy
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bublz654

50 GB cloud not bad, I always thought nexus had SD card slot lol. there is one heavy app I would like to download but not sure if its too much (1.7 GB). just one thing on my I have now I have a game (4 pics 1 word, lol ) n I don't want to lose my progress when I do get the moto g. is it possible to save the data n put it into moto g or its not possible (I have to start all over again ?)

Sent from my U8860 using Tapatalk

It'd be ok If it is the only heavy app.
About the game, you should check for a backup setting, you'd better write to game developers or (before) google search it.
17th April 2014, 10:50 PM |#7  
bublz654's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
I emailed dev of app n he said they dont have a save function

Sent from my U8860 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes