[ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10 Nightly Builds for SGH-T999

Search This thread

skewty

Dec 30, 2011
Vancouver
ART Runtime Working Again

I while ago users reported that ART wasn't working on some of the newer builds.
With the release of the new tool to easily switch back and forth from recovery I decided to give it another try.

Good news :victory: I am running cm-11-20140418-NIGHTLY-d2lte.zip and ART is working again!

Also flashed on my phone:
  • gapps-kk-20140105-signed.zip
  • ExchangeNoPIN-v6.0.zip

Here is the recovery tool I used to switch from DALVIK to ART:
XDA Thread Link (Switch D2A_RT)
Direct Download Link

SeanFloyd

Aug 4, 2010
Have any of you guys had issues trying to Odin back to stock? What firmware are you flashing? I am getting stuck on the Samsung logo no matter what firmware I am flashing.

cccheel

Oct 7, 2010
I'm running the last 10.2 stable release but I am having GPS issues and Blue tooth will not connect. I guess I thought "stable" would not have issues with basic functions. Any solutions?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

woodyjlw

Sep 12, 2012
independence MO.
Have any of you guys had issues trying to Odin back to stock? What firmware are you flashing? I am getting stuck on the Samsung logo no matter what firmware I am flashing.

dont know if this will help you but I did a odin back to stock on my old galaxy s blaze with same problem and then tried to odin flash rooted cwm kernel and still same problem so I booted into recovery and did full factory wipe and it was fixed! but before I did that it was stuck on samsung logo on boot like you just said. if you can get into a recovery or flash a recovery and do full wipe I think you will be fixed..

hope I have helped you.

B

Bass_Man25

dont know if this will help you but I did a odin back to stock on my old galaxy s blaze with same problem and then tried to odin flash rooted cwm kernel and still same problem so I booted into recovery and did full factory wipe and it was fixed! but before I did that it was stuck on samsung logo on boot like you just said. if you can get into a recovery or flash a recovery and do full wipe I think you will be fixed..

hope I have helped you.

Just to confirm: I was just reading on another thread somebody else having the same problem, and that the issue is because of the existing data on the device. A factory reset removes all data and fixes the issue.

Jay Rock

Sep 27, 2011
San Diego
Does anybody else notice that auto brightness doesn't pump up the brightness even when you're in direct sunlight? I'm guessing I have to edit the values for the different levels of light that the detector sees under brightness settings but that looks complicated and I wouldn't know how much to change the slider values.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Reactions: woodyjlw

woodyjlw

Sep 12, 2012
independence MO.
Does anybody else notice that auto brightness doesn't pump up the brightness even when you're in direct sunlight? I'm guessing I have to edit the values for the different levels of light that the detector sees under brightness settings but that looks complicated and I wouldn't know how much to change the slider values.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

yes i have noticed that too. dosnt matter if I am in shade or direct sun the auto brightness dose nothing for me. did not know we could adjust the the values so i may look into that too

woodyjlw

Sep 12, 2012
independence MO.
Let me know if it changes anything. I might just start leaving my phone at above 50% brightness without auto brightness.

played with the settings a little but since its dark outside I only have inside light to test. I can now see the screen get brighter and dimmer with me casting a shadow over the front of the phone but there is a long delay for it to change. ill play more with it when out in the sunlight tomorrow to see what I can get out of it then. ill also have to keep an eye on the battery life as I play with it more to see how it dose.

mondokat

Dec 17, 2011
So I updated to the latest nightly and now the google camera from the play store can't make photospheres. It could before, like 4 days ago. Now the interface just shows a blank void. The regular pictures are fine. Any suggestions? Is this related to the rom going flakey?

mondokat

Dec 17, 2011
i see an experimental d2lte build out there. Anyone know what's in it? I know what i HOPE is in it, but have no real clue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 10 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is the support thread for CM10 on the T-Mobile Galaxy S3. It's a major work in progress. It may cause all the things in the disclaimer to happen, or steal your girlfriend while you are busy flashing ROMs.

Known issues being worked on:
    * Picasa sync doesn't work (if you overwrite the Gallery with the Google version, you'll break the camera, don't do it). We need someone to port the sync code from the old Gallery3D app!
    * 1 frame flicker when transitioning between overlay/gpu rendering.
    * All the things.

Install instructions:
    1. Install ClockworkMod Recovery for "d2tmo". Sorry, CM cannot provide support for other recoveries, although they may work fine.
    2. Get the nightly build here.
    3. Reboot into recovery and install.

Google Apps are not included in this ROM. You'll need to find those yourself if you want them.
    I'll keep this post updated as the Jelly Bean Google apps get updated! I'll upload to MF since it's more reliable and faster.

http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip
    -or-
    http://www.mediafire.com/?wtsyoscljb82a0b

Updated gapps and mediafire link on 10-11-12
    New build is up! Seriously MAJOR kernel and driver update. Hardware VSYNC ("butter") is supported (not 100% optimal yet, Qualcomm is still pushing code out every morning). Big interactivity boost due to some performance work I did. Bugs fixed, A2DP is working, Trebuchet is in, LED is working properly....

Fixing the camera bugs is next on my list.

I don't recommend using a different kernel with this build. Over 250 patches have gone in, and no third-party kernel developers are up to speed yet.

This has basically consumed my entire life for the last week. Have fun :)
    Word is that the next build will be very buttery :)
    Still working hard on getting "butter". There is a nasty memory leak when this composition mode is used where ION buffers leak every time you switch apps. Very close though, next build will be soon.