Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Possibly bricked kindle fire HDX 8.9(?)

OP uberiyer1

17th April 2014, 10:51 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 75

351 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrizzelcincy

again i did not brick my device
using your root method

my device got bricked by an error in safestrap
i did a wipe data factory reset and this when i went to reflash the rom on the rom slot and it kept saying flash failed and that there were 0 mb on the sdcard i even pushed the rom back to the sdcard from adb but it would not flash and when i went to reboot it gave me a warning saying no os found or something like that so i tried and tried to make another rom slot and tried to restore a backup but it would not let me saying 0mb of storage available
so that's my story and now i dont have adb and im stuck at the gray kindle fire logo with only mtp showing but not fully installing but with a fastboot cable i got QHSUSB_BULK at first but after some booting over and over again i got it into QHSUSB_DLOAD with a driver installed on windows and i can see it connected to Linux as well with an id and everything in lsusb from a terminal that is about where my knowledge ends
but with the right devs we could get this working like the evo 3d and a bunch
of other HTC devices that were fixed that way and even get s-off through that QHSUSB_DLOAD mode but i dont have the knowledge to write something like that up or how to issue the proper commands in Linux or what partitions to write to or even the proper chmod to make so im stuck with a nice little paper weight as of now with no devs on board it's looking a bit grim for me

Oh my god I'm an idiot. I thought you were the op. *facepalm* sorry for the trouble.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Last edited by Mineturtle33; 17th April 2014 at 10:53 PM.
17th April 2014, 10:53 PM   |  #12  
Flag cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 36

171 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineturtle33

Oh my god I'm an idiot. I thought you were the op. *facepalm* sorry. For the trouble.

NOPE you are stuck helping me now lol
17th April 2014, 10:54 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 75

351 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrizzelcincy

NOPE you are stuck helping me now lol

I'll look into it. But as of now I'm a bit busy. Sorry.

17th April 2014, 11:01 PM   |  #14  
Flag cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 36

171 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineturtle33

I'll look into it. But as of now I'm a bit busy. Sorry.

the only way i see a fix for mine since the fastboot cable did not help me get into fastboot mode is if we some how manage to get some devs over here which seems unlikely at this point but i still have hope one falls on a devs lap sometime soon
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread