[Q] HTC One stuck on charge icon after atempted root

OP DrinkersEng

17th April 2014, 01:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Unlocked bootloader on my phone no problem so decided to go on to rooting. Followed the xda video step by step, but using twrp as recovery instead of clockwork. Flashed twrp using fastboot. Instead of hitting reboot bootloader, accidentally hit power down. Device is now stuck on charge screen, even unplugged. Charging LED unlit, cannot power down/reboot. Anything I can do, or have I bricked the device?
18th April 2014, 12:14 AM   |  #2  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,203

3,112 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkersEng

Unlocked bootloader on my phone no problem so decided to go on to rooting. Followed the xda video step by step, but using twrp as recovery instead of clockwork. Flashed twrp using fastboot. Instead of hitting reboot bootloader, accidentally hit power down. Device is now stuck on charge screen, even unplugged. Charging LED unlit, cannot power down/reboot. Anything I can do, or have I bricked the device?

you probably have flashed twrp 2.7.0.0 which have this issue with charging mode (phone plugged and powered off but the screen will never turn off)

Hold down power button + volume down until the phone reboots then flash twrp 2.6.3.3 or 2.6.3.4 and you'll be fine.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread