Consolidated GApps Central

Following the retirement of Paranoid Android GApps Provider TKruzze and subsequent deletion of … more

Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 Receives CyanogenMod 12.1

Released in 2013, the Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 is the quad-core Snapdragon … more

Sunday Debate: Corporate Cyanogen Good for Android?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Cyanogen Inc. Come with your opinions and feel … more

AOSP Lollipop 5.1.0 for LG Optimus 4X HD

One of the main rivals of the legendary Samsung Galaxy SIII, the LG Optimus 4X HD has received … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Updating from 4.2.2 amdl to 4.4.2

17th April 2014, 08:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Hi everyone. My mom's s4 won't update. I think it's because we're outside of the US. The phone it's unlocked. Do I need to update to every firmware until I reach the desired version? Or I can just put the 4.4.2 OTA on the sdcard and update?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
17th April 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #2  
You can just Odin to the latest version. I doubt your mom does rooting or custom roms but that will be severely limited after the update.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
17th April 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #3  
Knight-Rider's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 55
 
463 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakov.90

Hi everyone. My mom's s4 won't update. I think it's because we're outside of the US. The phone it's unlocked. Do I need to update to every firmware until I reach the desired version? Or I can just put the 4.4.2 OTA on the sdcard and update?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Just root the phone not many people are on MDL, I for one am and all I did was root my S4. Take advantage of the fact bootloader is unlocked trust me.
17th April 2014, 10:43 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight-Rider

Just root the phone not many people are on MDL, I for one am and all I did was root my S4. Take advantage of the fact bootloader is unlocked trust me.

Is my mom's phone I doubt she would use root for something.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
18th April 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #5  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,390
 
12,386 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakov.90

Is my mom's phone I doubt she would use root for something.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

There's people who would die to have a phone on mdl. But I'm sure it's not your mom. If you want the latest firmware see the second post of the attached and flash it with Odin. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50667360

Sent from my Nexus 5
18th April 2014, 12:29 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

There's people who would die to have a phone on mdl. But I'm sure it's not your mom. If you want the latest firmware see the second post of the attached and flash it with Odin. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50667360

Sent from my Nexus 5

Lol. Thanks I appreciate that. Getting off topic but as an ex s4 owner I recommend those people to migrate to a nexus 5 or wait until nexus 6 come out. It's a really awesome phone imho.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes