FORUMS

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

I/O Summary: Google Photos App

At I/O 2015, Google tackled the information problem in mobile once more, this time through … more

I/O Summary: Development, Play Store, The Next Billion

VP of Engineering Jen Fitzpatrick began talking about what Google is doing to … more

I/O Summary: Google Now on Tap

Google is all about organizing the world’s information to make it universally useful, and these … more

Updating from 4.2.2 amdl to 4.4.2

Thanks Meter: 3

By jakov.90, Junior Member on 17th April 2014, 08:06 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi everyone. My mom's s4 won't update. I think it's because we're outside of the US. The phone it's unlocked. Do I need to update to every firmware until I reach the desired version? Or I can just put the 4.4.2 OTA on the sdcard and update?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

17th April 2014, 08:25 PM |#2  
You can just Odin to the latest version. I doubt your mom does rooting or custom roms but that will be severely limited after the update.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
17th April 2014, 10:19 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakov.90

Hi everyone. My mom's s4 won't update. I think it's because we're outside of the US. The phone it's unlocked. Do I need to update to every firmware until I reach the desired version? Or I can just put the 4.4.2 OTA on the sdcard and update?

Just root the phone not many people are on MDL, I for one am and all I did was root my S4. Take advantage of the fact bootloader is unlocked trust me.
17th April 2014, 10:43 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight-Rider

Just root the phone not many people are on MDL, I for one am and all I did was root my S4. Take advantage of the fact bootloader is unlocked trust me.

Is my mom's phone I doubt she would use root for something.

18th April 2014, 12:21 AM |#5  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,699

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakov.90

Is my mom's phone I doubt she would use root for something.

There's people who would die to have a phone on mdl. But I'm sure it's not your mom. If you want the latest firmware see the second post of the attached and flash it with Odin. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50667360

Sent from my Nexus 5
18th April 2014, 12:29 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

There's people who would die to have a phone on mdl. But I'm sure it's not your mom. If you want the latest firmware see the second post of the attached and flash it with Odin. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50667360

Sent from my Nexus 5

Lol. Thanks I appreciate that. Getting off topic but as an ex s4 owner I recommend those people to migrate to a nexus 5 or wait until nexus 6 come out. It's a really awesome phone imho.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread