Hhow can I update to kitkat manually?
Originally Posted by falapt
Hi guys, I've searched a bit for this and couldn't find anything, so I thought it was because it's a bit of a noob question...
So yesterday I rooted my international exynos note 3 (sm n900) via CF auto-root. Everything worked fine. I was wondering if there was a way to update my phone to kitkat, since it's attached to a provided that hasn't released kitkat officially yet...
Or do I have to wait until it's released officially for my carrier, then unroot, update and reroot?
The Android 4.4 overhaul has begun taking off to the Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 tablets far and wide. In any case if your tablet has yet to get the upgrade, then don't lose hope — we've got a brisk walkthrough that'll get you upgraded shortly, expecting you've got a little encounter with a charge line.
1. Place the update .zip package from Google in the Android SDK/platform-tools folder on your computer, but do not unzip it.
2. On your Nexus, go to Settings > Development options and switch the toggle on. Then enable USB debugging under the "Debugging" menu group.
3. Power down your tablet
4. Start up the bootloader by holding down volume up, volume down and power on your tablet.
5. When the menu loads, plug your Nexus into your computer.
6. Use the volume up/down keys to navigate to "Recovery mode", then press the power button.
7. When the Android with the red exclamation point appears, hold down power first, followed quickly by volume up. You should now see the recovery menu.
8. Use the volume up/down keys to select "apply update from ADB," then press power to select it.
9. On your computer, open up a command prompt or terminal window.
10. Using the command line, navigate to the Android SDK/platform-tools folder
11. On Windows, type:
adb.exe sideload <the complete name of the OTA zip file you want to flash>
... or on Mac, type:
./adb-mac sideload <the complete name of the OTA zip file you want to flash>
... or on Linux, type:
./adb sideload <the complete name of the OTA zip file you want to flash>
12. The update should begin installing. When it's done, select "reboot system now."
13. Enjoy some delicious KitKat