5,814,797 Members 51,084 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] VS980 status bar date and time

Tip us?
 
beanmiester
Old
(Last edited by beanmiester; 18th April 2014 at 12:02 AM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default [Q] VS980 status bar date and time

Is there any way to disable this? I keep double tapping my status bar to turn off my screen and it opens up my date and time every time. This is the date and time on the left side of my status bar when I pulldown.

This is new with kitkat, I never had this date and time before the OTA today.
 
Dick Ripple
Old
#2  
Dick Ripple's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 92
Posts: 257
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Memphis
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanmiester View Post
Is there any way to disable this? I keep double tapping my status bar to turn off my screen and it opens up my date and time every time. This is the date and time on the left side of my status bar when I pulldown.
Why are you pulling it down before the double tap? Tap on the bar when the curtain is closed to turn the screen off.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
 
beanmiester
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Ripple View Post
Why are you pulling it down before the double tap? Tap on the bar when the curtain is closed to turn the screen off.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
It doesn't matter if I pull down or not that was simply to illustrate where it is on the screen. It happens if I double tap anywhere on the left side of the screen; which is the side I usually do.

Kitkat changed the way my status bar pulldown works as well; it's all ugly now. Any fixes besides flashing another rom?
 
Dick Ripple
Old
#4  
Dick Ripple's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 92
Posts: 257
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Memphis
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanmiester View Post
It doesn't matter if I pull down or not that was simply to illustrate where it is on the screen. It happens if I double tap anywhere on the left side of the screen; which is the side I usually do.

Kitkat changed the way my status bar pulldown works as well; it's all ugly now. Any fixes besides flashing another rom?
Not sure what to tell you. Mine looks and functions exactly like it did on 4.2

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
 
Steamer86
Old
#5  
Steamer86's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 147
Posts: 782
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Baltimore
Double tap faster... just thoroughly tested this. If done slow, depending on side, it can pull settings or time. If done fast, turns off. It has to be tapped pretty slow to pull up menus...
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes