Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,957 Members 38,783 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need Help Getting Back on Track

Tip us?

Aali1011
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Question Need Help Getting Back on Track

Hello all. So need help getting my bearing straight with my TF300T. Mother's tablet I just have it modded for ease of use and now I am lost since it has been awhile.

Tablet is running CM 10.2 with TWRP 2.5.0.0. I don't know what the bootloader is currently on the device. The device is also not being recognized by my computer. I would like to backup her files and get it on CM 11 M5.

I am guessing I need to first figure out what bootloader i am on correct? How do i go about doing this? Next step is to upgrade to TWRP 2.7.0.0 correct and then system wipe and flash CM11? If somebody could either help me out with directions or point me in the right direction it would be great. Extremely familiar with the Samsung scene and just haven't touched this tablet in god knows how long.

Aali1011
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Ok so turned off USB debugging and now can see the tablet on the computer. Now how do i go about finding out about the bootloader and updating it.

Edit found that is is US_epad-10.6.1.27.5-20130902

Aali1011
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Now I'm a little lost again. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49258989 doesn't have the bootloader I mentioned above. Not sure what the safest way to proceed is.

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aali1011 View Post
Now I'm a little lost again. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49258989 doesn't have the bootloader I mentioned above. Not sure what the safest way to proceed is.
You will need to install TWRP 2.7.0.0 to continue. I wrote a guide here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...79&postcount=7
My Devices:

[Retired] Nook Color (CM10)

LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C (Stock, rooted)

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!
Wantfree phone and tablet accessories or Google Play gift cards? Go HERE
The Following User Says Thank You to cmendonc2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Aali1011
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2 View Post
You will need to install TWRP 2.7.0.0 to continue. I wrote a guide here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...79&postcount=7
WOW dude my bad. Can't believe I skipped over the first line in that thread and didn't proceed forward. MY GS3 is giving me "insufficient storage space" issues so android overload right now.

Now stupid question i am on a unlocked bootloader aren't I since i am running a custom rom and what not?

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aali1011 View Post
WOW dude my bad. Can't believe I skipped over the first line in that thread and didn't proceed forward. MY GS3 is giving me "insufficient storage space" issues so android overload right now.

Now stupid question i am on a unlocked bootloader aren't I since i am running a custom rom and what not?
Yes, your bootloader is unlocked. You can flash the new TWRP from your old one.
My Devices:

[Retired] Nook Color (CM10)

LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C (Stock, rooted)

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!
Wantfree phone and tablet accessories or Google Play gift cards? Go HERE
The Following User Says Thank You to cmendonc2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Aali1011
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2 View Post
Yes, your bootloader is unlocked. You can flash the new TWRP from your old one.
Hmmm go figure. Wonder how I managed to do that when the Asus app was giving me all sorts of issues Thank you for the clarification though. I was lost for a good while.