Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Need Help Getting Back on Track

OP Aali1011

17th April 2014, 04:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14

155 posts
Hello all. So need help getting my bearing straight with my TF300T. Mother's tablet I just have it modded for ease of use and now I am lost since it has been awhile.

Tablet is running CM 10.2 with TWRP 2.5.0.0. I don't know what the bootloader is currently on the device. The device is also not being recognized by my computer. I would like to backup her files and get it on CM 11 M5.

I am guessing I need to first figure out what bootloader i am on correct? How do i go about doing this? Next step is to upgrade to TWRP 2.7.0.0 correct and then system wipe and flash CM11? If somebody could either help me out with directions or point me in the right direction it would be great. Extremely familiar with the Samsung scene and just haven't touched this tablet in god knows how long.
17th April 2014, 10:01 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

155 posts
Ok so turned off USB debugging and now can see the tablet on the computer. Now how do i go about finding out about the bootloader and updating it.

Edit found that is is US_epad-10.6.1.27.5-20130902
17th April 2014, 11:22 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

155 posts
Now I'm a little lost again. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49258989 doesn't have the bootloader I mentioned above. Not sure what the safest way to proceed is.
18th April 2014, 01:48 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 377

1,087 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aali1011

Now I'm a little lost again. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49258989 doesn't have the bootloader I mentioned above. Not sure what the safest way to proceed is.

You will need to install TWRP 2.7.0.0 to continue. I wrote a guide here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...79&postcount=7
The Following User Says Thank You to cmendonc2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th April 2014, 02:28 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

155 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2

You will need to install TWRP 2.7.0.0 to continue. I wrote a guide here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...79&postcount=7

WOW dude my bad. Can't believe I skipped over the first line in that thread and didn't proceed forward. MY GS3 is giving me "insufficient storage space" issues so android overload right now.

Now stupid question i am on a unlocked bootloader aren't I since i am running a custom rom and what not?
18th April 2014, 02:56 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 377

1,087 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aali1011

WOW dude my bad. Can't believe I skipped over the first line in that thread and didn't proceed forward. MY GS3 is giving me "insufficient storage space" issues so android overload right now.

Now stupid question i am on a unlocked bootloader aren't I since i am running a custom rom and what not?

Yes, your bootloader is unlocked. You can flash the new TWRP from your old one.
The Following User Says Thank You to cmendonc2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th April 2014, 03:02 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

155 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2

Yes, your bootloader is unlocked. You can flash the new TWRP from your old one.

Hmmm go figure. Wonder how I managed to do that when the Asus app was giving me all sorts of issues Thank you for the clarification though. I was lost for a good while.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread