Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,428 Members 46,911 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Battery takes more than 6 hours to charge???

Tip us?

spexwood
Old
Thanks Meter 128
I just came across this topic and thought Id throw this in.
I got my p600 in late November/early December. At first, it took an excrutiatingly long time to charge with the stock charger. After a few weeks and up to mow, it slowly took less and less time to charge. I havent timed it, but it went from taking like 6hrs to charge from <14% to 100%, to probably around 3hrs.

So for those having long charging times with the stock charger, maybe just keep charging over a few weeks? Maybe the charge times will decrease as the battery breaks in.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

elsamuraiguapo
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Yeah this tablet takes a VERY long time to charge because of the massive battery. I usually just make sure to plug it in right before I go to bed so it will be at 100% when I wake up. Also as a tip which applies to not only this device, but any, put it on airplane mode when charging it and it will charge a little bit faster. Another option is turning it off.
The Following User Says Thank You to elsamuraiguapo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RussellEstridge25
Old
Thanks Meter 142

DONATE TO ME
Also for those that don't know. Under advanced WiFi settings uncheck the setting that's says scanning always available. Drains the battery real quick even with WiFi off

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Be yourself........... Hit me up on Gtalk Rustypmusic@gmail.com. [/B]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RussellEstridge25 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dlang123
Old
Thanks Meter 2
So i'm searching around and haven't found the answer yet, does the p605 charge quicker than the p600?

What about performance?

What about battery life between the two?

BclingergFJ
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I have not seen a big difference. If mine gets much lower than 30, then charge time is 7-8 hours.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk