Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,209 Members 48,711 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Where is my storage?

Tip us?

serpa4
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Where is my storage?

I just got a new N3 about 2 days ago. I've rooted by using the safestrap and installed JellyBeans ROM that I loved from my Note2. With only a couple apps installed, I'm getting conflicting data.
Application Manager says 16GB free and my largest app is Chrome at 73mb.
Storage also says 16gb free with applications of .94gb. However it also says I have Miscellaneous files at 6.77GB.
So I have a 32gb phone, and 1gb of apps leaving about 31 gb. I'm sure there is probably 6gb for the OS. I'm still missing roughly 6-8gb of storage.

I think it is because the Safestrap keeps the factory ROM in place and I put JellyBean in a virtual drive??? I have two roms maybe? But ROMs are only about 1.2Gb.

I'm not very high speed on this stuff.

Thanks for any explination you can provide.

beepea206
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Bingo. Safestrap essentially loads a new rom over stock (unless you flash in the stock slot), so that storage is not available.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Grompy
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Wrong forum section bro. Q A is where this belongs.

mlin
Old
Thanks Meter 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpa4 View Post
I just got a new N3 about 2 days ago. I've rooted by using the safestrap and installed JellyBeans ROM that I loved from my Note2. With only a couple apps installed, I'm getting conflicting data.
Application Manager says 16GB free and my largest app is Chrome at 73mb.
Storage also says 16gb free with applications of .94gb. However it also says I have Miscellaneous files at 6.77GB.
So I have a 32gb phone, and 1gb of apps leaving about 31 gb. I'm sure there is probably 6gb for the OS. I'm still missing roughly 6-8gb of storage.

I think it is because the Safestrap keeps the factory ROM in place and I put JellyBean in a virtual drive??? I have two roms maybe? But ROMs are only about 1.2Gb.

I'm not very high speed on this stuff.

Thanks for any explination you can provide.
How large did you make your ROM slot? Even though the compressed ROM isn't that big, the ROM slot can be up to ~8gb. Also keep in mind storage reporting tends to be inaccurate while booted into a ROM flashes onto a SS ROM slot.

BTW, for future reference questions should go in the Q&A subforum.

2.5 New Members: Treat new members the way you would have liked to have been treated when you were a new member.
Provide the new members with guidance, advice and instruction always with respect and courtesy.

Device: Galaxy Note 3
ROM: Incognito_v1.1.1

micmars
Old
Thanks Meter 9002
Default Moved to Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting

Moderator Comment: Moved to Q&A forum.
"...dismiss whatever insults your own soul." - Whitman
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them." - Louis CK