5,605,187 Members 38,351 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[CM DEVELOPMENT] Asus MeMO Pad ME172V

Tip us?
 
aanonymoushuman
Old
#1  
aanonymoushuman's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 136
Posts: 297
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default [CM DEVELOPMENT] Asus MeMO Pad ME172V

Today my wife got this device as a gift for Christmas. She asked me to look at it and set it up for her. After about an hour of research I was deeply disappointed by the fact that this device has no ROMs or Kernels and barely supports ROOT. The device is kind of slow for 2013 due to its one core 1GHz processor. But I am sure this issue would be fixed with optimizations from custom ROMs and Kernels. I myself am not an android developer but do some coding in the free time and worked on a few ports of sense for several devices. On this thread I would like to get as many developers possible with the Asus MeMO Pad to communicate and collaborate to develop a working port of CyanogenMod for the device. I will be happy to help anyone interested in this project by doing some work in the free time. I chose CyanogenMod as it is probably the easiest one to compile and is much simpler than its competitors. If we get a successful build of CM then we can move on to developing Kernels and more complex versions of Android. Keep in mind that this is not a request for any particular developer but just an invitation to collaborate and build a working ROM for this tablet. If you are interested in working with me on this project please PM me or comment down below. I will be glad to help as much as I can. Thank you to all of the developers that would be willing to participate in this project.
Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
click the thanks button, it doesn't bite(;
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aanonymoushuman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
crazykiddo
Old
#2  
crazykiddo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 364
Posts: 601
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Manila

 
DONATE TO ME
Im in
I did the AMPC app and mini rom (not a full rom but more mods collection)
How are you skills to decompile img ?? since the guy who did root before is no more...and we should start by doing root for latest FW.
and CWM is also very buggy (build using online kitchen)

Please feel free to PM me
PHONE: Galaxy Note 3 | ROM: STOCK ROOTED AND XPOSED MODDED
TABLET: Asus MeMo Pad 7 | ROM: STOCK | Asus MeMo Pad 7 Thread
 
fundre
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 108
Posts: 325
Join Date: Dec 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
I'd like to but I don't know android coding. I do some basic Java programming if that helps

Sent from my MemoPad
 
aanonymoushuman
Old
#4  
aanonymoushuman's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 136
Posts: 297
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazykiddo View Post
Im in
I did the AMPC app and mini rom (not a full rom but more mods collection)
How are you skills to decompile img ?? since the guy who did root before is no more...and we should start by doing root for latest FW.
and CWM is also very buggy (build using online kitchen)

Please feel free to PM me
I will PM you as soon as possible and we can begin on the work. Sorry due to the vacation I am not home and will only be back stating monday.





Quote:
Originally Posted by fundre View Post
I'd like to but I don't know android coding. I do some basic Java programming if that helps

Sent from my MemoPad
Thank you for you reply also, as of right now I don't see our need for any Java coding, but maybe if we find a need for it I will message you. Thank you once again.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
click the thanks button, it doesn't bite(;
 
nerotNS
Old
#5  
nerotNS's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 387
Posts: 1,010
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 45.2500 N, 19.8500 E (Novi Sad)

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aanonymoushuman View Post
I will PM you as soon as possible and we can begin on the work. Sorry due to the vacation I am not home and will only be back stating monday.







Thank you for you reply also, as of right now I don't see our need for any Java coding, but maybe if we find a need for it I will message you. Thank you once again.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
Hi! I'm the guy that made CWM for this tablet, as well as the one on whos idea the whole root thing is based I'm very glad that someone picked up work on this tablet and is trying to make it better, since I don't have the time and I've lost my patience since ASUS is refusing to co-operate as far as updates and source codes are concerned. You can always PM me with questions as well as all or any info you have and I'm also willing to test builds out. Thanks
My devices:




The Following User Says Thank You to nerotNS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
42java
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerotNS View Post
Hi! I'm the guy that made CWM for this tablet, as well as the one on whos idea the whole root thing is based I'm very glad that someone picked up work on this tablet and is trying to make it better, since I don't have the time and I've lost my patience since ASUS is refusing to co-operate as far as updates and source codes are concerned. You can always PM me with questions as well as all or any info you have and I'm also willing to test builds out. Thanks
Hiya @nerotNS, I'm currently new (a noob) at xda-developers forum but since I'm actually getting a memo pad what better way of installing cyanogenmod properly than asking for help. However I couldn't help but to find the source code, and I did. I'm currently still learning so the source code wouldn't be of help to me than it would to you. So that said, heres the source

==> support (dot) asus (dot) com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=ASUS+MeMO+Pad&p=28&s= 6
(remove spaces and replace '(dot)' with '.')
 
nerotNS
Old
#7  
nerotNS's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 387
Posts: 1,010
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 45.2500 N, 19.8500 E (Novi Sad)

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42java View Post
Hiya @nerotNS, I'm currently new (a noob) at xda-developers forum but since I'm actually getting a memo pad what better way of installing cyanogenmod properly than asking for help. However I couldn't help but to find the source code, and I did. I'm currently still learning so the source code wouldn't be of help to me than it would to you. So that said, heres the source

==> support (dot) asus (dot) com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=ASUS+MeMO+Pad&p=28&s= 6
(remove spaces and replace '(dot)' with '.')
Hmm that's the kernel source code, we already have that Though it was in a bit of a strange format, plus I firmly believe that it's outdated as I think ASUS made some changes in the kernels via OTA. Thanks for your tip though,it's good to see that someone's trying to do with this pad
My devices:




 
DashCoreZero
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Mar 2012
Default RE: CM Development

Hello, new guy here at XDA, I do not have any knowledge to Linux or Android programming yet I know how to flash and play with recoveries and such things. I am willing to be a tester for this project.
 
bangdes
Old
#9  
Member
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 78
Join Date: Jun 2013
waiting for someone to port this into CM...
source code: http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...O+Pad&p=28&s=6

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Cloupload is a Beautiful and Fully Functional CloudApp Client for Android

If you’re a Mac OS X user who frequently uploads screenshots, … more

Microsoft Finally Brings Remote Desktop to Windows Phone

You may recall that back in October of last year, Microsoft released itsofficial … more

SideControl Gains New Powers through Xposed

You may recall that a little overa month ago, we first talked about SideCutsby XDA Forum … more

Leak Points to Windows Start Menu’s Return as Soon as August

About a month ago at this year’s Build conference, Microsoft … more