Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,406 Members 42,382 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Any way to add on screen nexus style buttons?

Tip us?

propylene22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Any way to add on screen nexus style buttons?

There's probably a thread for this somewhere but I haven't been able to find it. I am looking to add nexus style on screen softbuttons to my razr. I am running paranoid android 4.2 beta pa_spyder-userdebugKVT49L. Is there a universal way of doing this though an app or a device specific mod?
Thanks

neo.ank
Old
Thanks Meter 516

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by propylene22 View Post
There's probably a thread for this somewhere but I haven't been able to find it. I am looking to add nexus style on screen softbuttons to my razr. I am running paranoid android 4.2 beta pa_spyder-userdebugKVT49L. Is there a universal way of doing this though an app or a device specific mod?
Thanks
You mean the navigation bar. I think its already present in PA Roms. You need to enable it in settings.
My friend told me,there was life outside the internet and that I should check it out.
I said "Cool.! Send me the link. !!"

propylene22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I've searched both google and this form as well as dug though my settings. I can't find it. Is there something in the build prop that could be edited?

Sent from my XT912 using xda app-developers app

Draxin
Old
(Last edited by Draxin; 18th April 2014 at 06:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
I've searched both google and this form as well as dug though my settings. I can't find it. Is there something in the build prop that could be edited?

Have you checked out pie control? Or checked to see if your ROM supports it? Don't mean to put words in neo.ank mouth but, it might be what he is talking about.
Many ROM's support it.
One thing you have to remember is that you are dealing with a device that still has hardware buttons

propylene22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Slim kat has an option for it but I had a lot of issues with slim. I've always preferred asop ROMs but I'd like the full google experience. Pie control is OK but I'd prefer something persistent.

Draxin
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Slim kat has an option for it but I had a lot of issues with slim. I've always preferred asop ROMs but I'd like the full google experience. Pie control is OK but I'd prefer something persistent.

Hard buttons are persistent..... I mean, with a launcher like Nova or Apex.. something to that effect, and the right .png files you could get the same effect modifying your dock but really, all you will be doing is taking up screen real estate.
Tags
nexus, on screen buttons, spyder