Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,714 Members 41,367 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Any way to add on screen nexus style buttons?

Tip us?
 
propylene22
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Sep 2010
Question [Q] Any way to add on screen nexus style buttons?

There's probably a thread for this somewhere but I haven't been able to find it. I am looking to add nexus style on screen softbuttons to my razr. I am running paranoid android 4.2 beta pa_spyder-userdebugKVT49L. Is there a universal way of doing this though an app or a device specific mod?
Thanks
 
neo.ank
Old
#2  
neo.ank's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 516
Posts: 1,158
Join Date: Apr 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by propylene22 View Post
There's probably a thread for this somewhere but I haven't been able to find it. I am looking to add nexus style on screen softbuttons to my razr. I am running paranoid android 4.2 beta pa_spyder-userdebugKVT49L. Is there a universal way of doing this though an app or a device specific mod?
Thanks
You mean the navigation bar. I think its already present in PA Roms. You need to enable it in settings.
My friend told me,there was life outside the internet and that I should check it out.
I said "Cool.! Send me the link. !!"


 
 
propylene22
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Sep 2010
I've searched both google and this form as well as dug though my settings. I can't find it. Is there something in the build prop that could be edited?

Sent from my XT912 using xda app-developers app
 
Draxin
Old
(Last edited by Draxin; 18th April 2014 at 06:08 AM.)
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 97
Posts: 317
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by propylene22 View Post
I've searched both google and this form as well as dug though my settings. I can't find it. Is there something in the build prop that could be edited?

Sent from my XT912 using xda app-developers app
Have you checked out pie control? Or checked to see if your ROM supports it? Don't mean to put words in neo.ank mouth but, it might be what he is talking about.
Many ROM's support it.
One thing you have to remember is that you are dealing with a device that still has hardware buttons
 
propylene22
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Sep 2010
Slim kat has an option for it but I had a lot of issues with slim. I've always preferred asop ROMs but I'd like the full google experience. Pie control is OK but I'd prefer something persistent.

Sent from my XT912 using xda app-developers app
 
Draxin
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 97
Posts: 317
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by propylene22 View Post
Slim kat has an option for it but I had a lot of issues with slim. I've always preferred asop ROMs but I'd like the full google experience. Pie control is OK but I'd prefer something persistent.

Sent from my XT912 using xda app-developers app
Hard buttons are persistent..... I mean, with a launcher like Nova or Apex.. something to that effect, and the right .png files you could get the same effect modifying your dock but really, all you will be doing is taking up screen real estate.
Tags
nexus, on screen buttons, spyder
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Blast Those Flags with Knock the Flags

Lately, we have seen a rather drastic shift in the world of mobile device gaming. The infamous Angry … more

Hide Numbers on Your SMS and Call Logs with Reflection

How many times have you given your device to someone else in order to show them a … more

Implement Split View in Your LG G2 KitKat Rom with Automated Installer

Some of you may have remembered a story on the Portal a few weeks back … more

Cast Your Device Screen the Way it Was Meant to be with Second Screen

Not too long ago here on the XDA Portal, we covered how Google had made … more