Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,214 Members 43,492 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Issues with S5

Tip us?

chstewart
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
Default Issues with S5

Hi There,

My wife just got her S5 and right from the get go she started noticing issues. She then restarted it and it worked fine for a small length of time. From what I can gather it has a yellow screen and when you try and do anything it kicks it back to a black screen.So essentially you can't do anything with it. I've played around with lot's of phones but never had something quite like this on a brand new phone that just arrived.

Here are a couple pictures that she sent me. If any of you can give any insight it's greatly appreciated. I've been scowering the web as I'm a work right now and I can't turn up anything.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20140417_210951.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	242.2 KB
ID:	2693265

Name:	WIN_20140417_211328.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	240.0 KB
ID:	2693266

Name:	WIN_20140417_211331.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	240.6 KB
ID:	2693267

daxecutioner24
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Maybe by entering the recovery and factory resetting it. That's the only thing I will try before I go to Tmobile and complain furiously!

Sent from my SM-G900T using xda app-developers app

chstewart
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by daxecutioner24 View Post
Maybe by entering the recovery and factory resetting it. That's the only thing I will try before I go to Tmobile and complain furiously!

I appreciate the suggestion. I'll give it a try, it can't really hurt anything. I worry it's something in the display/hardware itself of which it's my understanding Tmobile has them backordered at this point.

Thank you,

~Chris

jntdroid
Old
Thanks Meter 111
Definitely return/exchange that when you can. I'd even go by just to tell them so they don't pull any "hey why didn't you come in earlier?" stuff on ya. But that's definitely a hardware issue that shouldn't be happening.
"...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

daxecutioner24
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by chstewart View Post
I appreciate the suggestion. I'll give it a try, it can't really hurt anything. I worry it's something in the display/hardware itself of which it's my understanding Tmobile has them backordered at this point.

Thank you,

~Chris
No problem. Doesn't matter if it's back ordered or not, new shipments come every week. You payed for a new phone and that's what you should get. For future reference make sure you also get the handset protection if you don't have it.