Android 5.1 OTA for Nexus Round-Up

The beginning of April is dominated by April Fools. There are jokes and pranks everywhere, which are … more

Official Lollipop for LG G2 Captured

LG is rolling out the Lollipop update for the LG G2. KDZ images for both 16 GB and 32 GB variants … more

Google’s Prank Roundup for April Fools 2015

Once again, we have arrived on the most magical of holidays – the annual … more

What is the Best Third-Party Camera App for Android?

When it comes to Camera apps, there are dozens of great options to choose … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Jumping ship from 4.3 to 4.4 including bootloader

18th April 2014, 08:03 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16

240 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearshift

I'm actually an AT&T N3 user, but about to get a tmobile and just change my apn's because of the locked bootloader situation with kitkat, but is there documentation on why its currently impossible to downgrade the bootloader from 4.4.2 to 4.3? Ran a search but maybe didnt use the right terms. fuse 3 issue?

Not sure if it was ever explained, all I know is once you move to official 4.4 in stock with no root or OTA it changes the bootloader. The only answer I gotten about going to 4.3 on a 4.4 BL is that any 4.3 roms are not compatible with 4.4 BL. I know it won't allow you to downgrade via odin, but not sure why it wont work with custom recovery and rom. Hopefully we will get that functionally soon. Thats why im so stubborn on keeping 4.3 BL.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread