Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,143 Members 54,115 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HAM] Stuck at bootloader

Tip us?

vpklotar
Old
(Last edited by vpklotar; 14th April 2014 at 02:34 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [HAM] Stuck at bootloader

So here's my problem with my Huawei Ascend Mate. I managed to flash wrong recovery / write wrong, I used Flashify to flash it then just performed a usal reboot but it never booted, so I've been sittin here and googling for a few hours now with little result. All I've managed to find out at the moment is that I CAN get into fastboot witch is a good feeling but in there I have a problem, I have tried to flash a zip file into the recovery via "fastboot flash recovery update.zip" but all I get in response is:
sending 'recovery' (3226 KB)... OKAY [ 0.202s]
writing 'recovery'... FAILED (remote: flash failure, ErrNo:2)
finished. total time: 0.208s
I've tried googling on the error code and stuff but have come up with much / anything. Anyway, here's what I've got access to:
* Windows 7
* Huawei Ascend mate (This is the one I want help with)
* Htc wildfire (running cyanogenmod)
* Samsung X-Cover (just pure stock)
* LG P990 (running cyanogemmod)
* Internet
* The firmwire for the phone as Huawei have released it!
Anyway, treat me like a noob on this one as I have little excperience although my p990 I had some problems with but on that one i got ADB working so then I had no problem getting it to work again. Anyway, thanks in advice!

taaeem
Old
Thanks Meter 204
You need to flash recovery.img not a zip file. You can use Huawei Update extractor for getting the img file from official update.

Gesendet von meinem P6-U06
Huawei Ascend P6 - Perfect Phone

vpklotar
Old
(Last edited by vpklotar; 15th April 2014 at 02:22 AM.) Reason: Forgot a question, late at knigh here ^^
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by taaeem View Post
You need to flash recovery.img not a zip file. You can use Huawei Update extractor for getting the img file from official update.

Gesendet von meinem P6-U06
Okay. Thanks for the tip but just use the "Extract selected"? Cuz that gives me two files A 09.recovery.img and a 09.recovery.img.header, suppose I just flash the recovery.img and then do a fastboot flash recovery 09.recovery.img? Right? But just a question, does it even run recovery before booting android on a normal boot? I know i overwrote the recovery section but wouldn't I still be able to boot into android, seams a little odd to me now that I think about it.

taaeem
Old
Thanks Meter 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpklotar View Post
Okay. Thanks for the tip but just use the "Extract selected"? Cuz that gives me two files A 09.recovery.img and a 09.recovery.img.header, suppose I just flash the recovery.img and then do a fastboot flash recovery 09.recovery.img? Right? But just a question, does it even run recovery before booting android on a normal boot? I know i overwrote the recovery section but wouldn't I still be able to boot into android, seams a little odd to me now that I think about it.
I don't know what is booting at a boot but I would try. And yes only flash the .img than it should work if not flash also the boot.img from the ROM you are on.

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI P6-C00
Huawei Ascend P6 - Perfect Phone

TheMook
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Did you try the official force update way.

Huawei Mate Offical Firmware Downloads
HUAWEI_Ascend_Mate_firmware(MT1-U06,Android_4.1,Emotion_UI,V100R001C00B112,Normal, 05011NAK)
This is the official international Emotion_UI firmware with fully working Google apps.

Download: HUAWEI_Ascend_Mate_firmware_1C00B112 - Downloads - Android Tablets Forum

Upgrade operations

NOTE: User data will be wiped out during the upgrade process, so it is recommended to make a
backup for important content before upgrading.

Force upgrade

Step 1. A MICRO SD card of 2GB or more should be available. The MICRO SD card
made by Sandisk, Kingstone, or Kingmax is recommended.

Step 2. Format the MICRO SD card (This operation is optional).

Step 3. Make sure that there is an UPDATE.APP under the dload. Copy the Main
package of dload in PC to dload of SD card.

Step 4. Make sure your handset is power off. Insert the MICRO SD card into the
handset. Pressing the VOLUME UP key and VOLUME DOWN key, then press
the POWER key to power on the phone, and VOLUME UP key and VOLUME
DOWN key should be pressed more than 3 seconds, then enter the Software
Upgrade Mode.