Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,492 Members 39,441 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Restore Stock ROM from Nandroid

Tip us?
 
jfreak27
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 89
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Nagpur
Default Restore Stock ROM from Nandroid

Ok.. so I've CWM with CoCore kernel installed on stock JB... I want to get the new CM 11 by TC but am afraid of risk... I've taken a nandroid backup of my phone through CWM... so after installing CM11 if I don't like it can I get into stock ROM BYU restoring my Nandroid backup??? if not then how can I restore my stock ROM without downloading it again????
The Following User Says Thank You to jfreak27 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
AltamashAN
Old
#2  
AltamashAN's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 286
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfreak27 View Post
Ok.. so I've CWM with CoCore kernel installed on stock JB... I want to get the new CM 11 by TC but am afraid of risk... I've taken a nandroid backup of my phone through CWM... so after installing CM11 if I don't like it can I get into stock ROM BYU restoring my Nandroid backup??? if not then how can I restore my stock ROM without downloading it again????
If you want to revert back to stock from cm11.you have to flash the stock ROM through Odin then root it then flash cocore kernel and restore nandroid backup.

If not want to go through PC then
First flash custom ROM 4.3 make all wipes and format then flash cm 10.1 with all wipes and format (especially /preload partition) flash cocore again wipe all then restore nandroid backup.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
Suraj08
Old
#3  
Suraj08's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2013
I want nandroid backup of any stock rom
I accidentally forgot to backup it ...
Please reply me...
PM me...
Please...

Sent from my GT-S5570
 
R_a_z_v_a_n
Old
#4  
R_a_z_v_a_n's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1649
Posts: 1,934
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: XDA Assist Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj08 View Post
I want nandroid backup of any stock rom
I accidentally forgot to backup it ...
Please reply me...
PM me...
Please...

Sent from my GT-S5570
Why would somebody give you this backup considering that it contains data, settings and personal information?

As I see in your signature you have a totally different phone model than Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070, can you be more specific with what you need?
 
amr diab
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 27
Join Date: Nov 2013
up
 
Suraj08
Old
#6  
Suraj08's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_a_z_v_a_n View Post
Why would somebody give you this backup considering that it contains data, settings and personal information?

As I see in your signature you have a totally different phone model than Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070, can you be more specific with what you need?
Thanks
So how to go back to stock?
I tried on my lapi.
it doesnt detect device...
so i tried on other versions of odin but fails again...
so if i want to go back to stock, how to solve it...?
 
shut_down
Old
#7  
shut_down's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3195
Posts: 7,218
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Belgrade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj08 View Post
Thanks
So how to go back to stock?
I tried on my lapi.
it doesnt detect device...
so i tried on other versions of odin but fails again...
so if i want to go back to stock, how to solve it...?
Install Samsung Android usb drivers (google it). Put phone in Download mode and use Odin.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk
 
Suraj08
Old
#8  
Suraj08's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_down View Post
Install Samsung Android usb drivers (google it). Put phone in Download mode and use Odin.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk
I installed kies but even it not worked for me....
let it be...
m on future next now...

tell me the best rom....
 
shut_down
Old
#9  
shut_down's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3195
Posts: 7,218
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Belgrade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj08 View Post
I installed kies but even it not worked for me....
let it be...
m on future next now...

tell me the best rom....
There is no "best rom".

I told you to install Samsung USB drivers, not Kies. Sometimes Kies is making you a problem when you are in Download mode. Turn it off on PC, remove it in Task manager too.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Monitor What Your Phone’s Camera Sees with Android Wear

Having a smart device strapped to your wrist certainly has its merits. A … more

Mod Lets You Have Stereo Speakers on Your Sony Xperia Z1 (Sort Of)

The stereo speakers onthe Sony Xperia Z2areprobably a relatively large … more

Give Your Screen Some Color with HexaTime Live Wallpaper

We don’t often cover very many live wallpapers here on the XDA Portal. You may … more

Android Wear App Review: Command Google Now with Commandr – XDA Developer TV

OK Google. Make Me a sandwich. How many times have you … more