Mar 28, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S9
4.2 BETA4 is up!

Changelog

Odin specific:

-Fixed flashing error
-Kernel optimisations
-Forced USB fast charging

Btw ART is still borked (it's the same with most devices) so continue to use Dalvik for now.

;)
Bro i love this ROM! but in some parts is missing translate and xperia settings i haven´t available intensity vibration
Thanks!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-08-19-48-32.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-08-19-48-32.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot_2014-04-08-19-49-19.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-08-19-49-19.png
    147.1 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

SuperHanss

Dec 1, 2012
Norwich
I thought it was a feature (??)
Jk I thought it was only available on the Z, but yeah vibration intensity's been blacked out all along. Never really bothered me though.

Sent from my C6502 using Tapatalk

Yup it turns out Yuga and Odin use different paths for the vibrator hardware, which would explain it.

I'll fix it in the next build.

Reactions: Luchoc
Yup it turns out Yuga and Odin use different paths for the vibrator hardware, which would explain it.

I'll fix it in the next build.
CM had the greyed out vibration thing for the longest time. I always assumed that's just how it was supposed to be. That the hardware was unavailable for direct control by the rom (sorta like how FM radio is missing). Never really bothered me either tbh.

As a sidenote, I flashed the latest CM11 nightly to take it for a spin (i've been on cm10 stable until you ported AOSPA over) and to my dismay i realized they took out PIE controls and replaced them with that autohiding softbuttons thing that is dreadful to use.
What CM did have that i found interesting was a performance mode quicktile. I looked through the options and couldnt find anything about it. I'm really curious what it does, how does it improve performance/battery life? Does it just UC/OC? Could it be ported over to AOSPA? For now it's the only feature CM11 has over AOSPA and it would be nice to have it here as well.

SuperHanss

Dec 1, 2012
Norwich
CM had the greyed out vibration thing for the longest time. I always assumed that's just how it was supposed to be. That the hardware was unavailable for direct control by the rom (sorta like how FM radio is missing). Never really bothered me either tbh.

As a sidenote, I flashed the latest CM11 nightly to take it for a spin (i've been on cm10 stable until you ported AOSPA over) and to my dismay i realized they took out PIE controls and replaced them with that autohiding softbuttons thing that is dreadful to use.
What CM did have that i found interesting was a performance mode quicktile. I looked through the options and couldnt find anything about it. I'm really curious what it does, how does it improve performance/battery life? Does it just UC/OC? Could it be ported over to AOSPA? For now it's the only feature CM11 has over AOSPA and it would be nice to have it here as well.

In CM, it basically allows you to switch the performance mode to balanced, performance or powersave. I believe it achieves this by adjusting/limiting the CPU frequencies.

PA handles performance settings differently to CM, so I doubt this feature will make it to our builds. I'll suggest it to em' though.

Reactions: devilsshadow
In CM, it basically allows you to switch the performance mode to balanced, performance or powersave. I believe it achieves this by adjusting/limiting the CPU frequencies.

PA handles performance settings differently to CM, so I doubt this feature will make it to our builds. I'll suggest it to em' though.

Yeah that's what I thought (limiting CPU freqs that is)
And thank you for talking it into consideration. Again, not a big deal, but I could see it as a great feature for those that hate battery saving apps. Just have a handy toggle that gives you a extra bit of juice without having to manually fiddle with the frequencies.

juniorhxcx

Mar 14, 2012
São Paulo
Xiaomi Poco F3
thank you very much

I'm with the Stock 4.3 ROM (Build 101 at the end) and the locked bootloader.

I wonder if I have to unlock the bootloader to install this kernel (with recovery)?

Sorry my english

juniorhxcx

Mar 14, 2012
São Paulo
Xiaomi Poco F3
Thank you!

Any method to root (or CWM or TWRP) without unlocking the bootload using Build 101?

Cause I'm in it and wanted to do Backup TA before partition.

Enviado de meu C6503 usando Tapatalk

Last edited:

juniorhxcx

Mar 14, 2012
São Paulo
Xiaomi Poco F3
Button ? The bootloader isn't a button. I'm from Brazil, send me a private message !

In Portuguese:

Botão ? O bootloader não é um botão. Sou do Brasil, me manda mensagem que eu te explico melhor.

Many thanks for the help.

I just fix the put up, because it was an error autocorrect keyboard mobile. I believe that now is clearer.

I'll send an MP then, because I have many doubts. Thanks in advance!

in Portuguese:

Muito obrigado pela ajuda.

Acabei de corrigir o posta acima, pois foi um erro de correção automática do teclado mobile. Acredito que agora esteja mais claro.

Vou mandar um MP então, pois tenho muitas dúvidas. Desde já agradeço!

Just remembered a few other features that I would like to see put back into PA that I'm pretty sure where in the 4.3 builds:

- Swipe the bottom bar of the drop-down notification panel to switch between quicktile page and the notification page
- Hold back button to terminate apps when PIE is enabled (this is really useful for things like completely killing facebook messenger when you're done with it). Holding back to kill apps works if you enable it from dev options but it only works with the on-screen buttons, not with PIE
- An option to control the delay for the clock/battery/other info screen that appears if you hold PIE for 2 seconds and have the top bar hidden. I always had that to instant in the other PA because i liked having the top bar hidden all the time.

I'm pretty sure these would not be hard to implement back.

April 15 Edit:
Standby battery life seems to be a bit off. I've lost almost 20% battery in 14 hours with only 5 minutes of screen time. Checked CPU usage and the phone was in deep sleep during those 14 hours. I wonder if tap2wake has anything to do with it? Either way, I got 11 days of Standby on cm10.1 stable, don't see that happening here. On the other hand, usage time is great. 4 hours of screen on time with autobrightness on and default autobrightness levels is great.

Last edited:
New update has a more visible "Mobile Networks" toggle/options menu (which used to be under the "More" button in the settings menu). It also replaces the old camera app with google's new Camera app. The google camera app is ok but its severely lacking in features, namely anything regarding focus, windescreen picture taking (unless you cound panoramic shots which are pretty good). The new tilt-shift function works as advertised on the ZL although for some reason you cant use the camera button to take pics in tilt-shift mode. Another thing that seems to be completely gone is the focus when half-clicking the camera button. The new camera app seems to be completely reliant on autofocus which is a pain if you want to take a macro shot.
The switch to Superuser has finally went through as well and is working fine. Vibration options are now available under XZL specific settings as well. Speaking of XZL specific features, any way of implementing the stock XZL white balance options menu under XZL specific settings? For reference, here's a thread for porting the option from the XZL to the XZ . Obviously the porting worked for stock ROMs but I'm wondering if it can be brought over to AOSPA/CM as well.

Top Liked Posts