Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,990 Members 37,074 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Question about WFI speed connection...

Tip us?

tux_topo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Cloud Search [Q] Question about WFI speed connection...

Hi to all.
I have an Xperia Z1 Compact and a router a router TP Link WDR4300.
The router support WIFI n300 (my notebook achieve that speed), but the phone only get n150... Why? can this be changed to n300? wifi ac, is very difficult to find (and very expensive) here in Argentina, so itīs not a real option to change the router...
I have 14.3.A.0.757 Generic NO 1279-4149 rooted (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2688933)

XperienceD
Old
Thanks Meter 2,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux_topo View Post
The router support WIFI n300 (my notebook achieve that speed), but the phone only get n150... Why?
Because ones a PC and the other is a Mobile Phone, so should be obvious the two are going to vary greatly in terms of performance.

tux_topo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperienceD View Post
Because ones a PC and the other is a Mobile Phone, so should be obvious the two are going to vary greatly in terms of performance.
Iīm asking about the connection way, the linking way, not the actual performance. I have a different notebook with an SSD, but is only compatible with 2.4GHz, so i connect it to another router (different brand, name, model and all -Dlink DIR 600-), linking at n150... The only limitation of that notebook, is the wifi module...
This phone, is compatible with 5GHz wifi... but canīt link as n300 device... Thatīs what iīm asking for...

steanne
Old
Thanks Meter 17
for a single antenna, n is at most 72. there is no n standard faster than that. higher n numbers indicate using mutiple antennae. your phone only has one. see the graph here.
The Following User Says Thank You to steanne For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tux_topo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by steanne View Post
for a single antenna, n is at most 72. there is no n standard faster than that. higher n numbers indicate using mutiple antennae. your phone only has one. see the graph here.
Okay!! Thanks!! Thats a good answer.... i didnt know that this cell had only one antenna...
With the AC router... which speed can acheive? 433 Mbit/s or 867 Mbit/s? Thanks!!

steanne
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux_topo View Post
With the AC router... which speed can acheive? 433 Mbit/s or 867 Mbit/s?
with one antenna and looking at the graph here, it looks like you can get 867 if your connection is 160 mhz. i'm not really that familiar with wireless technology, but if your router supports 160 mhz channels, i THINK you're more likely to get a 160 signal if there aren't a lot of other connections around you to interfere. 80 is the default.

bimbar
Old
(Last edited by bimbar; 18th April 2014 at 09:48 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
I've had ac links at 325. That seems to be the maximum standing right next to a uap ac.

Edit: that's ht80 3x3, but it seems the z1c does only one spatial stream.

Gesendet von meinem D5503 mit Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to bimbar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
n150, n300, wifi, z1 compact