FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Kitkat browser performance

1,814 posts
Thanks Meter: 457

By clouds5, Senior Member on 18th April 2014, 11:08 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys, the kitkat update is definitely smoother than 4.3 in general. But my browser performance is definitely worse. I've tried many different browsers but I can't seem to find one that is perfectly smooth.
When I scroll it's laggy and the text doesn't get rendered quick enough. I scroll, everything gets blurry and then it takes a second until the site is sharp. I hope you understand what I'm talking about But that makes scrolling around a page really annoying.
My main browser that I used with 4.3 "habit browser" has gotten more laggy in general.

Anyone else noticing this? BTW i did a factory reset after upgrading to kitkat.

18th April 2014, 11:13 AM |#2  
Flag Ankara
Thanks Meter: 10

More
i'm using chrome and it became way better in terms of performance, yes device does not renders entire webpage in a single try but it works fine enough for me, Scrolling lag is not too much to have an effect on experince. If you are using chrome you can modify "chrome://flags" to adjust it to your liking.
18th April 2014, 11:20 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 457

More
Thx for the tip. I just tried dolphin and that seem the best until now. But it has some buttons in weird places. Not ideal but will do.
I also tried Firefox. It takes like 10 secs to render every time after scrolling! It's really bad.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)