Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,068 Members 49,062 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kitkat browser performance

Tip us?

clouds5
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 344
Default Kitkat browser performance

Hi guys, the kitkat update is definitely smoother than 4.3 in general. But my browser performance is definitely worse. I've tried many different browsers but I can't seem to find one that is perfectly smooth.
When I scroll it's laggy and the text doesn't get rendered quick enough. I scroll, everything gets blurry and then it takes a second until the site is sharp. I hope you understand what I'm talking about But that makes scrolling around a page really annoying.
My main browser that I used with 4.3 "habit browser" has gotten more laggy in general.

Anyone else noticing this? BTW i did a factory reset after upgrading to kitkat.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S III | Stock rooted
Tablet: Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Wifi | Stock rooted

cantfindanick
Old
Thanks Meter 10
i'm using chrome and it became way better in terms of performance, yes device does not renders entire webpage in a single try but it works fine enough for me, Scrolling lag is not too much to have an effect on experince. If you are using chrome you can modify "chrome://flags" to adjust it to your liking.

clouds5
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 344
Thx for the tip. I just tried dolphin and that seem the best until now. But it has some buttons in weird places. Not ideal but will do.
I also tried Firefox. It takes like 10 secs to render every time after scrolling! It's really bad.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S III | Stock rooted
Tablet: Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Wifi | Stock rooted