XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Confused

Tip us?

jlear3
Old
Thanks Meter 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy_smokezalot View Post
Well we have a recovery call SS aka SafeStrap. That allows us to flash custom roms. But we currently can't flash custom kernels nor AOSP roms for now.... ONLY CUSTOM TOUCHWIZ ROMS can be flashed in SafeStrap! Hope that clears everything out for you

🔓Note III🔓
Hey man, glad to see were back on the same devices! I came from e4gt

Also as it stands now you can flash roms via safestrap and root but we won't have a custom kernel or any aosp roms until we have an unlocked bootloader (maybe never)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

krazy_smokezalot
Old
Thanks Meter 1036
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlear3 View Post
Hey man, glad to see were back on the same devices! I came from e4gt

Also as it stands now you can flash roms via safestrap and root but we won't have a custom kernel or any aosp roms until we have an unlocked bootloader (maybe never)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
lol ohh snap i thought your username sounded familiar. im not going to lie even now i still roam around the e4gt forum it was the best community i have ever seen. nice to see you here so far it looks like the 2 of of from the e4gt unless i missed someone else! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1313SAM
Please don't encourage dirty flashing. Dirty flashing is like unprotected sex. Yes it may feel better and take less work, but who knows what may happens later. Even though sometimes you still get surprises when you do things right. At least you know you took precautions and where to look for problems
The Following User Says Thank You to krazy_smokezalot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gladyscoleman
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by hebejebe View Post
Im looking to leave Sprint for greener pastures. I'm on their Note 2 at the moment and figure I'll go with the Note 3 if/when I switch carriers. I was reading to make sure that the Verizon Note 3 would be rootable. As it stands, I'm very confused as to whether or not this device is able to be rooted. I'm an avid root user. I don't want to be stuck with a phone that I cannot root and control. I keep reading conflicting threads saying the phone can be rooted or can't be rooted. At this point, I would like to make the carrier switch within the next week, so I just need a definite "yes" or "no" as far as rooting.

Hmm Yes you can roooted your cell.
If I've helped you please hit the "Thanks" button