Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,143 Members 52,214 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ZTE Z995 Overture custom recovery

Tip us?

chongbos
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by METDeath View Post
Since I'm not the creator of the port I won't post it here, and it's on another Androidforums so not sure how XDA feels about linking to another forum. There is a group of guys creating ports for lots of MSM8960 devices over there though.
so..can i flash this .img to my z995? is that offical or custom?

ATTACHED FILES
zte 995 stock recovery.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.83 MB, 9 views)

thanks.sorry for my poor english!

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

Quote:
Since I'm not the creator of the port I won't post it here, and it's on another Androidforums so not sure how XDA feels about linking to another forum. There is a group of guys creating ports for lots of MSM8960 devices over there though.
oh,i have been focus on this forum for a long time,and now i have found it.thank u a lot.

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Quote:
Well, I dumped the stock img with dd, I am fairly sure I still the stock recovery (sooo many files, hopefully this is it, however, looking at the file size when zipped it may not be).
I also PM'd one of the guys from the root thread who may be able to help with .img files as well.

I still have the device, I'm using Win7 primarily, but have an Unbuntu VM that I was going to use to attempt to build a CM10 port for the phone.

Also, I have a fairly decent CPU (AMD Phenom II x6 2.8) so I don't mind doing the build work.
btw.
can u help me?
i have an old device GT-i9008L.it's a custom-made device from GT-i9003.
For now im willing to transplant a custom rom so im making a custom recovery before it.
but i cant let recovery mount SDcard...maybe i dont know how to editor it.

can u help me?only transplant i9003's custom recovery can take it easy.

thanks. sorry for my poor english!

METDeath
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by chongbos View Post
so..can i flash this .img to my z995? is that offical or custom?

ATTACHED FILES
zte 995 stock recovery.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.83 MB, 9 views)

btw.
can u help me?
i have an old device GT-i9008L.it's a custom-made device from GT-i9003.
For now im willing to transplant a custom rom so im making a custom recovery before it.
but i cant let recovery mount SDcard...maybe i dont know how to editor it.

can u help me?only transplant i9003's custom recovery can take it easy.

thanks. sorry for my poor english!
The attached is the official recovery for the ZTE Z995 Overture (code name becky) that was sold in the US, so it's in English, it's also not a flashable zip as it's just the output of the dd command from the shell compressed into a zip file for smaller size.

I'm afraid I'm not able to help much with creating your own custom recovery as I'm not a developer. Perhaps you should create your own thread with more details on your phone.

Your English is actually better than some native English speakers, so keep up the practice and good work!

chongbos
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
The attached is the official recovery for the ZTE Z995 Overture (code name becky) that was sold in the US, so it's in English, it's also not a flashable zip as it's just the output of the dd command from the shell compressed into a zip file for smaller size.

I'm afraid I'm not able to help much with creating your own custom recovery as I'm not a developer. Perhaps you should create your own thread with more details on your phone.

Your English is actually better than some native English speakers, so keep up the practice and good work!
hah,it's really funny to met u.
i will back contact u~~~~

thanks.

DeathGrind
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Hmmmm METdeath, perhaps you could enlighten me (pm) the whereabouts of said recovery and other useful info.

If wanted a custom recovery and ROM on this phone since day 1 . I kinda gave up on any hope for it. Please any information to lead me in the correct direction would be greatly appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to DeathGrind For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]