Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,408 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Raise Volume on Bluetooth Headset

Tip us?

bendernyc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Raise Volume on Bluetooth Headset

I picked up a pair of jaybirds I absolutely love. I've upgraded to kitkat and I rooted it, what is the best way to go to raise the volume on my bluetooth headphones? They sound nice I don't want to blow my ear drums but would like a little more kick, thank you. - Chris

swagatsourav
Old
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
I use viper4android fx and it work brilliantly. My volume is set to only 25% and the music is so loud and awesome. But only downside is you need to be Rooted to use it.

Sent from my SM-N9005

bendernyc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagatsourav View Post
I use viper4android fx and it work brilliantly. My volume is set to only 25% and the music is so loud and awesome. But only downside is you need to be Rooted to use it.

Sent from my SM-N9005
My device is rooted. I saw viper4android on there but there are a bunch of them with chinese text. which one do i get? Also, can you tell me what settings you use? thank you.

tropazr
Old
Thanks Meter 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendernyc View Post
I picked up a pair of jaybirds I absolutely love. I've upgraded to kitkat and I rooted it, what is the best way to go to raise the volume on my bluetooth headphones? They sound nice I don't want to blow my ear drums but would like a little more kick, thank you. - Chris
mixer_paths.xml controls the audio in KitKat.

/system/etc/mixer_paths.xml

I'd suggest google more info on this before playing with the settings. Good luck!!!

bendernyc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropazr View Post
mixer_paths.xml controls the audio in KitKat.

/system/etc/mixer_paths.xml

I'd suggest google more info on this before playing with the settings. Good luck!!!
I did. I managed to increase the volume with plug in ear buds but what about bluetooth?

tropazr
Old
Thanks Meter 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendernyc View Post
I did. I managed to increase the volume with plug in ear buds but what about bluetooth?
You may have better luck with this. I use Moderate or Moderate Lite. Just make sure it's compatible with whatever device you are using. It works on my AT&T Note 3 though.