5,596,784 Members 48,060 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL] [INT'L][TW/GE/AOSP - 4.4][16/04/2014] Alucard-Kernel-SGS4 - Stweaks

Tip us?

FlanjeUK
Old
Thanks Meter 305
@kantjer
One of your previous posts you mentioned having root set to "Apps" and I checked mine and it was set to "Apps & ADB"
I was going to suggest changing it but thought it didn't seem significant enough... how wrong I was :P
Unofficially sent from my 9505GTi
The Following User Says Thank You to FlanjeUK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kantjer
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7100

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlanjeUK View Post
@kantjer
One of your previous posts you mentioned having root set to "Apps" and I checked mine and it was set to "Apps & ADB"
I was going to suggest changing it but thought it didn't seem significant enough... how wrong I was :P
LOL, I also never looked at it, I always had it set to Apps and it never gave me issues. But since I tried everything else ..........
I was trying to get my head around what was different for the second boot compared to the initial boot after flashing the kernel. This was about the only thing left I could think off.

Samsung Galaxy S4 | GT-I9505
Rom: SlimKat 4.4.2 | Theme: SlimHueLite
Kernel: Alucard
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.1 | Theme: Holofied - Black

*** unofficial SlimKat builds ***
The Following User Says Thank You to kantjer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FlanjeUK
Old
Thanks Meter 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantjer View Post
LOL, I also never looked at it, I always had it set to Apps and it never gave me issues. But since I tried everything else ..........
I was trying to get my head around what was different for the second boot compared to the initial boot after flashing the kernel. This was about the only thing left I could think off.
At least it's all working now, glad to have you back on board :P
For the record, latest release is running perfectly so far, for me no freezes/micro freezes or anything just silky smoothness and amazing battery, currently at 43% remaining with 3hrs 42mins screen on time (2nd cycle)
Unofficially sent from my 9505GTi
The Following User Says Thank You to FlanjeUK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kantjer
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7100

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
For the record, latest release is running perfectly so far, for me no freezes/micro freezes or anything just silky smoothness and amazing battery, currently at 43% remaining with 3hrs 42mins screen on time (2nd cycle)
Glad to be back on board. The Stock kernel performed great but it was a bit boring running the same kernel day-in day-out with hardly anything to tweak.

It felt like having an iPhone, everything was working but nothing to tweak

The Following User Says Thank You to kantjer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mattie_49
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Do You care to share your settings?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

I'm real close to You. This is My first cycle.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

kantjer
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7100

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I'm running the released version now and everything feels smooth. I also compiled the kernel using the latest Linaro cross compiler.
I'm going to try that later once I'm sure this one is stable to see if I feel any difference.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kantjer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

adl
Old
Thanks Meter 381

DONATE TO ME
Nice, looking forward to get Slimkat with Alucard from kantjer again.
The Following User Says Thank You to adl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kantjer
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7100

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by adl View Post
Nice, looking forward to get Slimkat with Alucard from kantjer again.
Already uploaded, with released kernel

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kantjer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

s3icc0
Old
Thanks Meter 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantjer View Post
Or I'm doomed

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

Success,

I changed a few things and finally have the kernel installed and root survived the 2nd boot.
I don't know what exactly solved it but this is what I did differently this time:

Changed the build in super user setting from "Apps" to "Apps and ADB" and flashed kernel + UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.94.zip in one go before booting.
This time rood access survived the 2nd boot
you should ask ... I have it apps+adb since i first installed this rom

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Samsung i9505 Galaxy S4 International LTE
ROM SlimKat @ 4.4.2 - | - Kernel Alucard - | - Launcher Nova - | - Modem XXUFNB9 - | - Recovery CWM - Philz