Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,958 Members 52,621 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REQUEST] Remove Slow Charging Notifications.

Tip us?

id_omg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [REQUEST] Remove Slow Charging Notifications.

Does anyone know of a quick setting adjustment to stop the slow charging triangle from showing in the notification bar? Or can a modification be created to remove the slow charging notification.

OTA Kitkat ROM, unlocked and s-off.

disconnecktie
Old
Thanks Meter 1107
Just clear out all your recent apps and it might make it go away. You have some apps using up a lot of background processes which is preventing it from charging while you use it.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

id_omg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnecktie View Post
Just clear out all your recent apps and it might make it go away. You have some apps using up a lot of background processes which is preventing it from charging while you use it.

Thanks for the reply, but that is not the problem. The phone charges fine. I just need to find a way to prevent the slow charging notification from displaying every time the phone is charging from a source that supplies less than the amperage required for a fast charge. I already know the phone will charge at a slow rate when I plug it into a laptop. I don't need to be reminded of it every time.

disconnecktie
Old
Thanks Meter 1107
If you're rooted flash a kernel that has fast charge and enable it using something like trickster mod. Fast charge makes the device charge faster over source like laptops.

henderjr
Old
Thanks Meter 57
I too would like to remove this notification. Only because I'm using a QI receiver on my M8 that charges slower by default. Worth it to me to be wireless though.