Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,519 Members 42,359 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Returning to stock [SOLVED]

Tip us?

redelmos
Old
(Last edited by redelmos; 18th April 2014 at 02:30 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Returning to stock [SOLVED]

I wanted to experiment a bit with rooting. I guess I wasn't extremely informed. Anyways, I used the Guru reset(I can't post outside links) , and I guess did not have the matching software. My touchscreen does not work, I tried to do the OTA update like suggested but after the restart to install the update it said the update failed. Now my Wi-Fi is stuck "turning on" so I can't try to run the update again. I don't know what to do, and I can't find it. I don't know what else to include so that you can help me but if you have questions I'll answer to the best of my knowledge.

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2782
Quote:
Originally Posted by redelmos View Post
I wanted to experiment a bit with rooting. I guess I wasn't extremely informed. Anyways, I used the Guru reset(I can't post outside links) , and I guess did not have the matching software. My touchscreen does not work, I tried to do the OTA update like suggested but after the restart to install the update it said the update failed. Now my Wi-Fi is stuck "turning on" so I can't try to run the update again. I don't know what to do, and I can't find it. I don't know what else to include so that you can help me but if you have questions I'll answer to the best of my knowledge.
start by posting a "fastboot getvar all" (excluding IMEI and s/n)

redelmos
Old
(Last edited by redelmos; 18th April 2014 at 12:52 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
start by posting a "fastboot getvar all" (excluding IMEI and s/n)
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.24.3218.09
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: HT361W903656
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0712000
(bootloader) cidnum: CWS__001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4179mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-c6bbb6d4
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2782
Quote:
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.24.3218.09
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) modelid: PN0712000
(bootloader) cidnum: CWS__001
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
1- edit your post and remove IMEI (that shouldnt be shared publicly)

2- since you are S-On you need to relock your bootloader using fastboot oem lock then you can use this RUU.EXE:
RUU_M7_UL_K44_SENSE55_MR_Cingular_US_4.18.502.7_R1 0_Radio_4T.24.3218.09_10.26.1718.01L_release_35656 5_signed_2.exe

note that your bootloader will say RELOCKED not LOCKED, the only way to set it back to LOCKED is if you are S-Off. but the phone will be completely stock after the RUU, so unless you're selling the phone or going for warranty, then RELOCKED shouldnt matter.
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

redelmos
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
1- edit your post and remove IMEI (that shouldnt be shared publicly)

2- since you are S-On you need to relock your bootloader using fastboot oem lock then you can use this RUU.EXE:
RUU_M7_UL_K44_SENSE55_MR_Cingular_US_4.18.502.7_R1 0_Radio_4T.24.3218.09_10.26.1718.01L_release_35656 5_signed_2.exe

note that your bootloader will say RELOCKED not LOCKED, the only way to set it back to LOCKED is if you are S-Off. but the phone will be completely stock after the RUU, so unless you're selling the phone or going for warranty, then RELOCKED shouldnt matter.
It worked, Thank you! I've ran multiple RUU exes and I've tried some .zips but all of them were the wrong version I guess. I've been working on this for around 4 days now, and this is a huge load off my mind.

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2782
Quote:
It worked, Thank you! I've ran multiple RUU exes and I've tried some .zips but all of them were the wrong version I guess. I've been working on this for around 4 days now, and this is a huge load off my mind.

if all is good now, can you also edit main thread title to include [SOLVED], thanks

redelmos
Old
(Last edited by redelmos; 18th April 2014 at 02:30 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:

if all is good now, can you also edit main thread title to include [SOLVED], thanks
I'm not sure how to edit the title.

Edit: Never mind, it was in advanced, but I also don't know how to delete posts or else I would have deleted this.

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2782
Quote:
I'm not sure how to edit the title.
edit the first post -> at the bottom of the edit window, click Go Advanced, and then you can edit main title