5,596,784 Members 48,263 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][AOSP][KK][cfX-Toolchain LLVM Clang 3.5] HTC Droid DNA CodefireX Official Nightlies

Tip us?

mdphoenix
Old
(Last edited by mdphoenix; 29th March 2014 at 04:15 AM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres032 View Post
You have got to be Sh1tt1ng me!!! Now I have absolutely no clue other than to say it's ROM related since it's the only constant variable. But, it's working for others which throws a wrench in that theory. Only thing I can think of is get logs of the errors on both devices, post them here and see if someone with stronger brain cells can figure it out.
I've got the logs pulled. Should I just post them here, or wait for someone to specifically ask for them?

EDIT: I can send MMS all day long. It's only SMS which are affected. I tried Google Hangouts to send SMS to no avail.

There has GOT to be a setting somewhere I'm missing.

Just as a recap, I was running this Codefire ROM from around 2/22 until last week. Last week the SMS stopped working. And now we're here. New phone. New SIM. Back in 4G, but no SMS unless I cycle Airplane.

sabres032
Old
(Last edited by sabres032; 29th March 2014 at 05:26 AM.) Reason: had another thought.
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdphoenix View Post
I've got the logs pulled. Should I just post them here, or wait for someone to specifically ask for them?

EDIT: I can send MMS all day long. It's only SMS which are affected. I tried Google Hangouts to send SMS to no avail.

There has GOT to be a setting somewhere I'm missing.

Just as a recap, I was running this Codefire ROM from around 2/22 until last week. Last week the SMS stopped working. And now we're here. New phone. New SIM. Back in 4G, but no SMS unless I cycle Airplane.
Go ahead and post the logs here. One of the device maintainers should be able to make sense of the logs. Sorry you are having problems, hopefully once the logs are posted your issue will be fixed.

EDIT: @mdphoenix Just to make sure we are checking and eliminating variables what recovery are you using? is it the same recovery on both devices????

mdphoenix
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Since I've verified this is happening on other ROMs as well, I'm gonna continue with the troubleshooting here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2693405

Thanks for everyone's help. See you there, hopefully!

mfinlay04
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Wish there was a Halo, otherwise seems like a solid app. Tired ART but ran into some app issues I use on a regular. So had to switch back to dalvik. But this bad boy flies

Majik Mushroomz
Old
(Last edited by Majik Mushroomz; 3rd April 2014 at 02:01 PM.) Reason: i m wee tood id
Thanks Meter 7
.. nm ...

danjull
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 475

DONATE TO ME
CFX team is split up. 4/2 was the last update.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda app-developers app
Sent from my Droid DNA
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danjull For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jamiethemorris
Old
Thanks Meter 627

DONATE TO ME
On the bright side... Some of the members are bringing back TeamEOS, and synergydev supposedly has his own project as well.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk
If you feel that I have been helpful to you, instead of clicking my "thanks" button, check out my music:
Manic Harmonic
Fan Page

KyJelly69
Old
Thanks Meter 114
I freaking LOVE this ROM. Why did they split up? can it (will you) still maintain it inline with AOSP and the DNA tree? I don't care about new features, I like adding what I want with Xposed anyway.
Verizon HTC Droid DNA (S-OFF)(Hboot 1.54.0000)(TWRP 2.7.0.0)(Radio 1.01.01.1112) - CodefireX (jamiethemorris 5.6.4)

jamiethemorris
Old
Thanks Meter 627

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyJelly69 View Post
I freaking LOVE this ROM. Why did they split up? can it (will you) still maintain it inline with AOSP and the DNA tree? I don't care about new features, I like adding what I want with Xposed anyway.
They had differing visions for what they wanted the ROM to be. Several of the members are bringing back eos though, looking at their github it should end up having all the same performance enhancements as cfx. It hasn't been released yet, but I did a build for the DNA just to test it out... Problem is that right now systemui crashes repeatedly upon booting. @danjull if you would like to give it a go, my eos device tree is on my github, I believe I pushed everything so it should be working. I based it off of your cfx device tree, it's pretty much the same aside from the usual ROM specific changes.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk
If you feel that I have been helpful to you, instead of clicking my "thanks" button, check out my music:
Manic Harmonic
Fan Page
The Following User Says Thank You to jamiethemorris For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KyJelly69
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Are you talking about TeamEOS which is now KatKiss? or am I not even close?
Verizon HTC Droid DNA (S-OFF)(Hboot 1.54.0000)(TWRP 2.7.0.0)(Radio 1.01.01.1112) - CodefireX (jamiethemorris 5.6.4)