Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,915 Members 37,815 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Blue Tooth -> Voice Commands?

Tip us?

ewingr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 114
Default Blue Tooth -> Voice Commands?

Is anyone successfully using anything to perform blue tooth voice command, via pressing the blue tooth button to get the phone';s attention, then say the command?

I used to do that on older Androids and phone. I'm not succeeding with it on my SGS III. Using Liquid Smooth ROM.

If so, what are you using?

FYI...what seems to be the case for me on Google Voice is that you must be running the default Android Launcher for it to hear you. If using anything else, it doesn't hear.

drago10029
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewingr View Post
Is anyone successfully using anything to perform blue tooth voice command, via pressing the blue tooth button to get the phone';s attention, then say the command?

I used to do that on older Androids and phone. I'm not succeeding with it on my SGS III. Using Liquid Smooth ROM.

If so, what are you using?

FYI...what seems to be the case for me on Google Voice is that you must be running the default Android Launcher for it to hear you. If using anything else, it doesn't hear.
Hopefully these can be helpful to you hidden feature google now and . The second seems like a more quirky way to do it. Hopefully they can at least get you started in the right direction. Let me know if you find a simple solution, might just use it myself!
Samsung Galaxy S III i747 in creamy Pebble Blue
Skyrocket and Vibrant R.I.P. Gone but not forgotten! MOTO X Goodbye and Good ridden!

ewingr
Old
(Last edited by ewingr; 18th April 2014 at 03:59 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 114
Thanks. I'll check it out, and post back.

[EDIT]

Not sure what to think. The article leaves me with more questions that answers.

I already have the latest Google Search (which they seem to say is not Now Launcher, but not sure I'm not confused on that.

It linked to an article that said installing it fixes the broken "Ok Google", but mine doesn't work.

But then it also talks about "...if you sideload it..". Not sure why you would sideload it, or what the difference would be over loading from PLay Store.

I'll do some searching around. If I find something about it that makes more sense, I'll link it back here.

Hopefully if someone else can make more sense of it, they will.

[edit]

I did just find Now Launcher, but it requires KitKat. Also, I'm not sure if you can use it if you are using a third party launcher. I use GoLauncher.

ewingr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 114
Well, I installed Quantum 3.66 which is Android 4.4.2. Works much better, overall, than Liquid Smooth 3.0 (at least on my phone). I do miss a lot of functionalith that is in LS>

But anyway, the "OK Google" is not working in this either.

And, neither does the Blue Tooth button.

This is frustrating. Several years ago, my Windows Mobile voice command worked great. Feels like the 18th century here.