T889V - PIT files won't flash, stuck in download mode

OP snwww

16th April 2014, 01:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Hello,

this morning I woke up to a dead Note 2, the booting screen changes from the Galaxy note 2 text to random colored dots and then a full white noise screen - exactly like this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2399712

So I tried flashing a stock rom and it said it didn't have PIT files. I read up on that a little and found my T889v PIT file (which dates back to 2012) and downloaded it. If I try flashing via Odin with both the rom and the pit file it just won't return anything and get stuck before even doing anything, if I try flashing the PIT file alone its stuck at Get PIT for mapping.

The phone was working fine before last night, I haven't changed anything since I was on 4.4 custom rom (omnirom), except install a Chromecast yesterday. That's the only thing that changed, I installed Chromecast and Plex, and I can't fathom how that might have changed anything to render my phone to a brick.

Help ?

I even tried Skipsoft unified toolkit to no avail.
18th April 2014, 02:12 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Anyone?

Kinda dont want to RMA it =(
18th April 2014, 03:23 AM   |  #3  
Flag East of Seattle
Thanks Meter: 755

1,995 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snwww

Anyone?

Kinda dont want to RMA it =(

Try Kies emergency restore function. Might work...

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement
18th April 2014, 03:44 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coug76

Try Kies emergency restore function. Might work...

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

It can't connect to the phone once its done downloading the rom. It recognizes the phone in the first step where it asks you to plug it in, but then it gives me an error before it even starts doing anything to it. Odin sometimes won't even connect to the phone if its been pluggedin for a long amount of time, so I figured it was probably the same with Kies not being able to connect to the phone after downloading the huge file, so I tried to trick it. The second time around it started downloading (god are they idiots, what a waste of bandwidth, it just downloaded it and gave me an error, now it has to re-dl it all? what the hell? can't they archive their downloads? wow) I unplugged the cable and rebooted the phone into download mode just before it hit 100%, Odin would have been able to connect at that point for sure, but Kies still gave me an error saying it couldn't recognize the phone.

Thank you very much for your response, I totally forgot to try Kies first, I'll have to investigate further on errors on why I can't connect to it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread