Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Looking for stock restore, GS3 i747 4.3

OP Gizmosis350k

18th April 2014, 12:55 PM   |  #1  
Gizmosis350k's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Hello, I have been here all night trying to recover my GS5 i747, I have TWRP but my phone does not seem to work with Micro SD cards, I was getting a blank SD error when it worked just fine in other phones. Does anyone here have a stock rom I can restore via Odin and be done with this once and for all? Apparently the phone is now wiped and I can only access TWRP and nothing else.

Any help would be appreciated.
18th April 2014, 02:26 PM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmosis350k

Hello, I have been here all night trying to recover my GS5 i747, I have TWRP but my phone does not seem to work with Micro SD cards, I was getting a blank SD error when it worked just fine in other phones. Does anyone here have a stock rom I can restore via Odin and be done with this once and for all? Apparently the phone is now wiped and I can only access TWRP and nothing else.

Any help would be appreciated.

Here, you can find all the stock rom you need!
www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

The Following User Says Thank You to patate331 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th April 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #3  
Gizmosis350k's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by patate331

Here, you can find all the stock rom you need!

Thanks so much, so are you saying that it's now safe to directly use Odin to downgrade to 4.1 from 4.3 OTA?
I've been reading a lot of warnings against that, and the highest Sam has is 4.1
What precautionary measures would I need to take?
18th April 2014, 03:14 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 75
 
363 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmosis350k

Thanks so much, so are you saying that it's now safe to directly use Odin to downgrade to 4.1 from 4.3 OTA?
I've been reading a lot of warnings against that, and the highest Sam has is 4.1
What precautionary measures would I need to take?

You can't use Odin if you were already on 4.3 prior to losing your OS. Any attempt to flash 4.1.1 via Odin may result in a hard brick. Since you still have TWRP, use instructions and zip file in the thread below to restore your system to stock 4.3. Hope this works for you ....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2658486
18th April 2014, 03:29 PM   |  #5  
Gizmosis350k's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry2999

You can't use Odin if you were already on 4.3 prior to losing your OS. Any attempt to flash 4.1.1 via Odin may result in a hard brick. Since you still have TWRP, use instructions and zip file in the thread below to restore your system to stock 4.3. Hope this works for you ....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2658486


Thankfully yes it works - does anyone know about the horrid suspense when it's booting for the first time?? I was almost to pull the battery when i heard the new device jingle and saw the screen dim lol
18th April 2014, 03:49 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 75
 
363 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmosis350k

Thankfully yes it works - does anyone know about the horrid suspense when it's booting for the first time?? I was almost to pull the battery when i heard the new device jingle and saw the screen dim lol

Yes, a long delay is not unusual after a firmware restore. Usually, however, this can be avoided or limited if you wipe the cache/dalvik after the restore operation.
18th April 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmosis350k

Thanks so much, so are you saying that it's now safe to directly use Odin to downgrade to 4.1 from 4.3 OTA?
I've been reading a lot of warnings against that, and the highest Sam has is 4.1
What precautionary measures would I need to take?

Don't try to downgrade it with Odin. You will brick your device.

You can also try this, I didn't try it but I guess it should work. If you're not sure what you're doing, don't try it.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2625461

The Following User Says Thank You to patate331 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes