[Q] Can't SIM unlock on CM9 & Can't boot into stock rom backup

OP Silico1991

18th April 2014, 12:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
I really need help with my HTC Sensation guys, here is where I am at;

I got a new phone and I wanted to give my HTC sensation to my dear old mum () but she is on 02 (UK). So when I put her sim in it asks for the network unlock code, thats fine.

So I got the code online and put it in, says sucessful but then does nothing, which according to THIS THREAD is because I am running Cyanogenmod 9 which is a non Sense rom.

I booted into recovery (4EXT), Factory reset + Wipe Cache + dalvik, then restored my backup from before I installed Cyanogen (Stock ROM).

However, and this is where I run out of ideas, it just hangs on the "HTC Quietly brilliant" screen...

I read in THIS THREAD that it could be a kernel issue, so I also tried with the 3.32 kernel from THIS THREAD but no dice.

On a side note, I tried a few other roms, including the stock rom from step 2 in THIS THREAD, they all freeze up at the boot animation as well. The stock rom one makes a sound like it is trying to play the startup noise but then changes its mind.

So as a last resort I tried to find the RUU for my firmware and carrier which should be 3.32.771, but of course it doesn't exist. All I can find is 1.34.771 which would just throw an error...

Any help would be very much appreciated.

My phone details;

HTC Sensation
Bootloader UNLOCKED
S-ON
Recovery: 4EXT
Running: CM9

I also attached a fastboot getvar all output.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	11
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	2693894  
18th April 2014, 02:52 PM   |  #2  
Flag Nafpaktos
Thanks Meter: 2,194

7,268 posts
More
what recovery do you have?
use 4ext recovery(if you don't have it already) and enable smartflash from it before flashing any rom or restore any backup
The Following User Says Thank You to rzr86 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th April 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr86

what recovery do you have?
use 4ext recovery(if you don't have it already) and enable smartflash from it before flashing any rom or restore any backup

+1 Internet's to you sir.

I wiped the cache, dalvik and data. Then turned smartflash on in ext4 tools before I restored the stock ROM and it works! It even unlocks and works with o2 now.

Thank you very much.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread