MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

[Q] I can't seem to switch from Kindle default launcher to anything else?

4th December 2012, 01:21 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
fhall sockehi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoak

Just use an app like titanium backup or rom toolbox and find go launcher or adw launcher in the app list. There will be a setting to convert the app to a system app. You might need to long press on the app title to find the setting.

After it is converted to a system app, reboot. Then press the home button, you should be prompted to select a launcher in which you can set a default.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

This didn't work for me but I managed to get Nova installed and working and permanent...even the home button is functional. NO MORE CAROUSEL!!! Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond!

Sent from my fingers on my keyboard
18th April 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
0-0 you are a genius 0-0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoak

Just use an app like titanium backup or rom toolbox and find go launcher or adw launcher in the app list. There will be a setting to convert the app to a system app. You might need to long press on the app title to find the setting.

After it is converted to a system app, reboot. Then press the home button, you should be prompted to select a launcher in which you can set a default.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU,
YOU ARE AMAZING,i had this problem but now you have fixed it...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread