No registration required

Trying to Unbrick Nexus 7, stuck in Recovery Mode

OP apple-snapple

18th April 2014, 05:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi there,

I just bought the newest version of the Nexus 7 the other day, and decided I'd like to root it since I never bothered to with my old one. Big mistake. I followed what seemed like really simple instructions online, but after doing everything it said, my tablet is stuck in reboot mode. At first, it would show the Google symbol when I turned it on, with the little unlocked padlock at the bottom. Then it would show the circular colour symbol that would just keep moving -- no matter how long I left my tablet on it would just stay in this mode. Most things I've researched online so far just say "easy fix, go into fastboot mode and it will go back to normal". My problem is that sometimes it doesn't even let me see that screen, so I have to hold the power and volume button down several times in a row to see anything. Sometimes it will go straight to the Google symbol. When it finally did work, I pressed 'Recovery Mode' and the Google symbol appeared, this time without the padlock underneath it. Now it has switched from the circular colour symbol to the X colour symbol, but it still won't go past this. Also when I first reboot it, it shows the dead Android after the Google symbol, then a minute or so later the coloured X will appear.

Anyone know how to help? I've also read about restoring to factory settings and downloading all of these mirror images, but frankly I haven't found a solid 'how-to' yet. I am a Mac user so please only reply with someone I can fix with compatible software.

If anyone could help me this I would really appreciate it. I am stubborn and this will drive me nuts until I find a solution.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread