FORUMS

What Features Do You Look for in a Gallery App?

With so many different options to choose from, finding the right Gallery app may be a … more

Google Photos ‘Unlimited’ Storage Reportedly Being Capped

When Google Photos was announced, many of us thought very highly … more

Sprint Moves to Lift Video Streaming Limit for All-In

Yesterday, Sprint announced a new unlimited scheme that offered customers an … more

Xiaomi Releases Kernel Source Code For Mi4i

If you’ve been following the XDA News Portal lately, you might have noticed an … more

Xperia S bootloop

308 posts
Thanks Meter: 29
 
By kwstas 13, Senior Member on 16th April 2014, 12:14 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello guys, i had an Xperia U with unblocked Bootloader and every time I had a single bootloop, (Only Sony logo appeared) i just pulled my battery off and installed Stock Ftf thorough flash tool. Now I bought an Xperia S and I am thinking of installing a ROM.... What shall I do in case a boot loop appears, since the battery is not removable? I really need an answer guys.
Thanks in advance.

Edit: Answer was given by Envious_Data

one buzz ~ force off
3 buzz ~ hard reset (like pulling your battery)
Last edited by kwstas 13; 22nd April 2014 at 09:00 PM.
 
 
16th April 2014, 01:32 PM |#2  
Envious_Data's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 2,078
 
Donate to Me
More
hmmm it depends on what your looking to do

if you want to keep your bootloader locked folow these steps

root your device
install cwm for locked bootloder
make or downloadflashable zip of stock rom
flash if bootloop

for unlocked bootloader
Root
install cwm (one for lbl works on ubl for obvious reasons)

install a custom kernel
(almost all for xperia s custom kernels have recoverys commonly cwm and some with twrp)
make or download a stock rom

i dont know what you do with your phone so this is a mostly failsafe fix

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Envious_Data For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2014, 09:28 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Data

hmmm it depends on what your looking to do

if you want to keep your bootloader locked folow these steps

root your device
install cwm for locked bootloder
make or downloadflashable zip of stock rom
flash if bootloop

for unlocked bootloader
Root
install cwm (one for lbl works on ubl for obvious reasons)

install a custom kernel
(almost all for xperia s custom kernels have recoverys commonly cwm and some with twrp)
make or download a stock rom

i dont know what you do with your phone so this is a mostly failsafe fix

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

So, in case i fail doing sth i must have a Stock ROM zip in my phone's memory, and when my phone starts boot(loop)ing, i should enter cwm and flash the Zip.Thanks bro!
And a last question, what happens in case someone doesn't have a Zip ans his phone keeps boot looping?
18th April 2014, 04:09 AM |#4  
Envious_Data's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 2,078
 
Donate to Me
More
you can use flashtool or sony pc companion to flash a stock rom onto your device

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th April 2014, 03:41 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Data

you can use flashtool or sony pc companion to flash a stock rom onto your device

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I know that bro, but how shall i power off my phone since the battery cannot be removed? It will keep booting without purpose and i won't be able to shut it down and connect it to my pc
18th April 2014, 04:21 PM |#6  
Mirhawk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 448
 
More
You can switch off using by pressing Volume up and power key while the device is on. This is similar to removing battery of the phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mirhawk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th April 2014, 05:17 PM |#7  
Envious_Data's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 2,078
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirhawk

You can switch off using by pressing Volume up and power key while the device is on. This is similar to removing battery of the phone.







Quote:
Originally Posted by kwstas 13

I know that bro, but how shall i power off my phone since the battery cannot be removed? It will keep booting without purpose and i won't be able to shut it down and connect it to my pc

yes holding volume up and power will force off

one buzz ~ force off
3 buzz ~ hard reset (like pulling your battery)

you can power off during boot from your PC but id recommend forcing off instead, it seems data gets corrupted more easy when its requested to turn off

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Envious_Data For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes